Custom tune review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is not a "who is better" thread. This is an unbiased review of my experience so far. This is my first custom tune on anything. I've dealt with superchip canned tunes on a chevy but never moded a truck this much.

Truck is a 2017 express with s&b intake, Moe's 87mm tb, magnaflow bolt on, e-fan, and 180 t stat. It is leveled with 33s on rockstar 20s. 3.21 rears and 8 speed.

I chose hemifever tuning due to the reviews on this forum. I cannot speak about jay because I have not dealt with him. Sean has been quick to reply and answers all questions no matter how simple or stupid.

I uploaded his 89 octane tune today and he provided simple step by step instructions for everything. It was an easy process if you can use a computer. I told him my mods and what I wanted and he made the tune. I also turned MDS off. I have only drove around about 10 minutes to send him a data log but I will say it is a HUGE difference!!! It's like my truck woke up. Throttle response is much better. Definitely rolls off smoother. At WOT you know it's making power and going somewhere.

Very happy so far and after I run the truck awhile I'll update my review and thoughts on the tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi_1340R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What else did you change/adjust ? I'm waiting to get a tuner and custom tune just curious what all you can change . Would love to have the mds turned off so I don't have to do it every time can you adjust for bigger tires ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
yes you can adjust for tires in the menu

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome to see that you got a custom tune buddy. Its amazing how much of a difference a tune is over stock.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just wait for the Round 2 Tune.... :naughty:

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Just wait for the Round 2 Tune.... :naughty:
That's a good reminder that I still need to data log. lol

I kept adding things after my initial tune, have had it tweaked for said mods, but still not truly customized from the logs. Guess I better get on it.

Hemi_1340R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you adjust the truck to basically run in tow/haul mode all the time like the shift points

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Heading up a hill at approximately 40 mph, nailed the accelerator mind you not quite to the floor and the rear end broke loose. My wife said what was that noise so I had to inform her (she is not a vehicle type person, girly girl really) that the tires had busted loose. It was good for a chuckle but not quite a laugh.