(Dashcam) Ecoboost Meets Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finnattic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should have known better to let someone else borrow my truck. He said afterward, the guy said it was an Ecoboost and complimented the sound of the Ram. My buddy said he saw in the mirror the Eco floored it and that's when he responded. The Ram reeled him in and started gaining at the end. I just shook my head, but was happy the Ecoboost lost that day.:naughty:

https://youtu.be/aS7m0E85NLc

:signs75:

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I kinda expected more than that.... I mean I understand it wasn't a heads up race and the ford had the jump but damn...

OP
OP
Finnattic

Finnattic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He probably got on it late after the Eco had a good jump. He let off of it first too. I'd be interested to see what would have happened from a dead stop. Probably the same thing. The Ram would have slowly walked away with THIS Ecoboost.

OP
OP
Finnattic

Finnattic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I kinda expected more than that.... I mean I understand it wasn't a heads up race and the ford had the jump but damn...

Those Eco's are quick. This isn't surprising to me at all.

Last edited:

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those Eco's are quick. This isn;t surprising to me at all.

Then again the ecoboost was most likely stock. I do know that the new 15+ ecoboosts are pretty impressive considering they went on an aluminum diet.

OP
OP
Finnattic

Finnattic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Then again the ecoboost was most likely stock. I do know that the new 15+ ecoboosts are pretty impressive considering they went on an aluminum diet.

Agreed. Not to mention the Eco's respond very well to tunes with having the turbo's at the ready.

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My eyesight is pretty decent and I didn't see the 150 until the ram let off. Looks to me the Mopar won that one. That said, those Ecoboost's are peppy lil boogers, no doubt.

J3FF3RSON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Turbo Six is impressive, but there is only so much the motor will make with bolt ons and a tune (competes with the older 6.2). Our N/A Hemis have far more power to be had, especially when we start talking about forced induction.

I also like that our Rams sound like a truck, as opposed to a washing machine.

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
Just wait till them two turbos need fixing/replaced, and out of warranty, then watch all the ford peeps *****.

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
A buddy of mine said I was being a jerk when he wanted to put flowmaster super 40s on his truck (ford ecoboost) and I laughed. Well. Let's just say he went back to stock after a month lol

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just wait till them two turbos need fixing/replaced, and out of warranty, then watch all the ford peeps *****.

there are a few ecoboosts at work with close to or past 100000 miles. so far, no turbo issues. mechanically, it is a sound engine. i still prefer my hemi though.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there are a few ecoboosts at work with close to or past 100000 miles. so far, no turbo issues. mechanically, it is a sound engine. i still prefer my hemi though.

Not sure where you're at,but up here in the cold north country the eco-bombs are not doing that well.One of the techs I work with has a son that is a Ford Tech and we've heard too many bad stories about them from him.Keeps him in work though.
My Buddy(HVAC Tech) actually has one of the 2.7's and it's surprisingly quick,but would you really want that small of a motor pushing a full size 4x4 for very long?Personally even if the 3.5 did the 1/4 in 8 sec. I still would take the N/A Hemi first.