Dball 2 remote starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smokedbystang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
I installed the Plug-N-Play Remote Starter for 2009-2012 Dodge RAM from Doug on eBay and it worked great until today.. I started the truck with the remote and drove off as usual. Approx. 1 mile down the road the truck shut off. I pulled over and stopped, when I tried to restart the truck, it started then immediately shut off. It did this several times. I had to unplug the unit to get the truck to run again. Any Suggestions? Not sure what's going on with it. Thanks.

I emailed Doug but have not heard anything yet. Just seeing if anyone on here had a similar problem.

vwboomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed the Plug-N-Play Remote Starter for 2009-2012 Dodge RAM from Doug on eBay and it worked great until today.. I started the truck with the remote and drove off as usual. Approx. 1 mile down the road the truck shut off. I pulled over and stopped, when I tried to restart the truck, it started then immediately shut off. It did this several times. I had to unplug the unit to get the truck to run again. Any Suggestions? Not sure what's going on with it. Thanks.

I emailed Doug but have not heard anything yet. Just seeing if anyone on here had a similar problem.

Any chance the toggle switch is getting bumped?

OP
OP
smokedbystang

smokedbystang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No. I checked that too. I'm going to hook it back up and see what happens. Still haven't heard from Doug.

OP
OP
smokedbystang

smokedbystang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Come to think of it, I used the 2nd key to remote start and then put it in the ignition. It died after I took off about a mile down the road. I think that's why it died, the second key was not programmed. The battery was weak on the one I used to program it. Time to hook it back up and try again. Hopefully that solves my problem.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Come to think of it, I used the 2nd key to remote start and then put it in the ignition. It died after I took off about a mile down the road. I think that's why it died, the second key was not programmed. The battery was weak on the one I used to program it. Time to hook it back up and try again. Hopefully that solves my problem.

that should not matter. the keys are programmed the same.

OP
OP
smokedbystang

smokedbystang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well crap. I'll see what happen Friday when I hook it back up. Still no word from the seller. I read he had great customer service but not so far.

84lamb250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interested to hear what happens.. I just installed one on my '13 a couple months ago, no problems yet. Although, I did get some weird color codes on the unit when I was programming the keys, not sure if the second key got properly programmed.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well crap. I'll see what happen Friday when I hook it back up. Still no word from the seller. I read he had great customer service but not so far.

this week and next week are odd. a lot of people take off for the holidays. id give him the benefit of the doubt.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have it installed on my 2014. I didn't have an account to finish the final install programming so I went to my local audio installation establishment, paid $25, and they finished the install for me. It's been 2 years and zero issues.

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interested to hear what happens.. I just installed one on my '13 a couple months ago, no problems yet. Although, I did get some weird color codes on the unit when I was programming the keys, not sure if the second key got properly programmed.
If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it?

OP
OP
smokedbystang

smokedbystang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this week and next week are odd. a lot of people take off for the holidays. id give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sure he's very busy. I just heard from him. He thinks it may have been a loose connection or bent pin. I'm going to look it over tomorrow and reinstall it and go from there. If not that it may be a bad harness but we'll figure it out.

OP
OP
smokedbystang

smokedbystang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hooked it all back up this morning and everything worked as it should. Haven't driven it yet but the truck started and ran with the key and then started and ran with the remote. Appears it may have been a loose connection. Time will tell but I'm happy the remote start works again. I'll still be a little bit concerned about the truck shutting off while driving since it killed my power steering and brakes when it happened. Hoping it was just a bad connection and the problem is solved. Doug sent me several emails explaining the system in depth and covering any issues he thought it could have been. A big thanks to him.