dead battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
welp i had to replace my battery today........truck barely turned over then wouldnt start at all. im assuming that 4.5 yrs is ok for an oem battery to last? i had a battery in another truck last forever but it didnt need the cranking amps that our trucks do.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
4.5 years is OK. Today's vehicles use more power and have smaller batteries than they used to.

Eddi310

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just replaced my battery today haha which also lasted about 4 years. It was starting to get really corroded and would die really fast

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Close to 4 years now and an so far so good for my 2012 truck. I do have power running to my amp under my rear seats. When I go an measure my voltage, what should it be at...and how would I know when it's time to replace it.

I'm just want to stay on top of it.

**Truck name: Rampage**

OP
OP
D

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
one of the auto parts store can check it for you for free.i asked them to check mine and it confirmed what i was pretty sure i already knew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Close to 4 years now and an so far so good for my 2012 truck. I do have power running to my amp under my rear seats. When I go an measure my voltage, what should it be at...and how would I know when it's time to replace it.

I'm just want to stay on top of it.

**Truck name: Rampage**
With the truck off you should see ~12.6V. (Each cell in a battery is 2.1V volts / Batteries have 6 cells=12.6V). As the battery gets older the cells will get weaker. I would change mine if it starts resting anything below 12.0V but it's not very cold in the carolinas. If your in cold weather you might want to change it sooner