Dealer Oil Change Sale, 4 for $80... Wow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyRAMatDunkinDonuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not often I feel like I come across values like this, and I was just blown away when I dropped by the local dealer the other day for an oil change (this dealer has the Mopar Express concept), and they made that offer.

I come from a BMW and Mazda background, and particularly with BMW, a "regular" oil and filter change will easily run $100-$125 outside of the maintenance period. I don't think I ever paid less than $85 for my prior Mazda either.

Granted, it's a synthetic blend and MOPAR filter, but I'm absolutely fine with that. I'm the kind of owner that wants all oil changes done at the dealer in case I run into some future issue, particularly since I pitched out for the Lifetime service contract.

Still, $20 per oil change is something I don't think I've paid since the early 90's... I'm just floored...

...and it shows up on the MOPAR site too.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
$20 is cheaper than my employee discount for parts alone using regular 5w20.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be skeptical that it is actually Pennzoil that their using, more than likely something blended by sopos or recycled oil. I know the guy that picks up our old oil at the store told me that they recycle/refine that old oil and sell to dealers. I know our store brand oil used to be blended by Ashland Oil and the store manager would say that it was Valvoline. Might have been close to Valvoline but in my mind not Valvoline. I like getting my oil changed at dealer just for the documentation that it was done so they can't come back later and say this was my fault because I didn't get vehicle serviced but I take in my own oil and filter and have them change it. Just something about that sounds too good to be true.

bdcramer1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This deal is legit. The objective for the dealer is to break even, but have the opportunity to upsell other services, and keep you sticky to the dealership. Tires, brakes, filters, that new Hellcat sitting on the showroom floor... I have 30+ years in the business. In the powersports biz now, but always service at a dealership even though it's less convenient. Over the course of time the cost/time savings isn't worth going to the aftermarket unless you're going to do it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
dayum thats good.. lol.. goinf to call my local dealer since they also have the mopar express.. hop thy are running the same deal

Last edited:

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Congrats on your find.
At least you have enough ambition & pride in your investment to have the service done on schedule. :happy107: Even if it's done by someone else!

For that price: ---> if it actually is a Synthetic Blend you are getting a steal especially with the install of a Mopar filter.
A synthetic blend would be a huge plus. But how would you ever know I guess.
They are only going to tell you what you want to hear.

But it's all good you stated you are fine with whatever they used!
Congrats on the low price.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Hopefully they let you do it on your desired schedule. That is cheap enough to change every 3k miles or 3 months, which is all that filter would last anyhow.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I would prefer PUP but barring that it has to be a brand name synthetic or I will go elsewhere. My truck with its mods means no more warranty on any parts affected which is the engine, the driveline well the expensive goodies but it will still go to the dealer for the good oil.

wiggy999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I once got a coupon in the newspaper for 3 oil changes for 19.95 total. The Dodge dealer hadn't seen one before but they honored it! I was skeptical but..no problems!