Denso 3381's after 1800 miles of daily driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
cUGsl24.jpg

Oh would ya look at that? They're just as clean as when I put them in, and don't loom much different than when I pulled them after passes at the track...

The nitrous is running at 11.5 AFR, and running strong, good clean plugs at the end of the runs with no signs of too much heat. So I conducted a little test since everyone is saying they foul out quickly. The above photo is after 1800 miles and nearly a month of daily driving. All 10 that I pulled looked like that, no variation between cylinders. I decided not to change them back to stock, but to leave them in and periodically check to see their condition at certain mileage intervals.

I'm not saying that nobody has ever had these foul out or that they will not, it may be a number of factors. Maybe because I have a catch can, maybe because the engine is so new I'm not burning enough oil to cause any fouling. Who knows.

But if there is a way to get around having to spend a few hours changing plugs every time you want to run a big shot at the track, then I am willing to toast 60 bucks worth of spark plugs to share that info with you. Maybe I could even get away with running them for the entire racing season... stay tuned.