Diablo i2 issues 2016 ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Step ******* one with procharger install and it's being a *****

Fully updated the i2. Says it updated. Unlocked diablo Ecu installed in truck. Plug it in and it says the vehicle is not supported

Any ideas?

Thanks

Brandon

Buckfat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016-2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Tuner is pain in the ass. Go update it again on computer and back to vehicle. Took three times on mine to finally start working.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It says it's updated. There's no updates to do

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Does the truck fire up with the unlocked PCM?

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yah been driving around with it in for the last week

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Sorry for Your issues.

Off topic question for You though.

When You purchased the Procharger, is the Diablo the tuner they use for the flash, or are You having it custom tuned?

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
of course diablo is closed today for some ********.

So ehre is the sequence of events.

Received Diablo unlocked ECM last week, installed and have been driving truck for the past week flawlessy.

Unboxed the tuner, installed the ignition updater program. Tuner updated like normal. Went out to truck, plug it is, says This vehicle is not supported.

Went back inside to recheck for updates. Says its good. Back to truck, same message. Then decided, maybe instead of my Mac, i'll use my windows desktop. downloaded program, check updates, says its fine. Back out to truck, same issue.

This morning, use computer at work, same process, back out to truck, says its not supported. That's 3 different computers all saying its fine.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diablo is the tuner they use. Get the kit, upload your stock tune, send to them for them to make changes, they send back and you upload it.

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had same problem with my diablo tuner. Go on diablosport tech support online. They emailed me a file. Followed there directions and it was all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got my Diablo Tuner for my 2016 and did the update and it worked flawlessly. Then uploaded the truck 's stock tune and I didn't have any problems at all. Must of been lucky.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are about 5-6 people who have posted on there forum with the exact same issue. One guy says it use to work, updated his i2, and now it doesnt. Looks like maybe the last update messed things up.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did the last update and no problems so far. Now I updated mine on the computer and not over WiFi.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yah same here. Its a weird issue. If you surf through the pages on diablo forums, there are dozens of people having this issue. Looks like the Mod will ask for you Info.xml file, modifiy it, and people are good to go after that.

Procharger said they have had this issue, and its resolved on a per car basis.

DoubleB223

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Intune i2 problems

My truck is quite a few years older, but Im just wondering did you make sure that nothing aftermarket is drawing power from your battery ? I had to make sure that my aftermarket amp that runs my subs was disconnected from the battery. Each time I use the tuner (if I change the tune) I have to take the power cable off the battery so it doesn't interfere with the tuner. Hope that helps, I know how frustrating it can be to have something you want to add and it not work.

Good Luck!

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got my unlocked PCM/i2 combo Friday. Been on the phone with tech supp I think 3 times now. It's not like I'm a newbie. Had a Predator for a year or so, sold it and got a Trinity. I still use the Trinity on my Jeep.

My experience was similar. Mac support, not so much. So I installed Ignition on my Win7 VM, and after several tries, finally got all the updates applied. Went to get the backup out of the PCM. Took 4 tries. Each time the i2 just freezes and you have to cycle power. Finally got it and loaded the 91 tune. It only took 3 tries. Today was the final straw. Got a base tune from my tuner and went out to get some logs. First run I said yes to save and got the infamous Please wait while we flash lights endlessly. I'm gonna call tomorrow and tell them I want to return the i2 and get another Trinity. It's a much better unit, it's much faster, plus I can read the display, even on a sunny day.

wink

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've heard all of these problems, but mine has worked flawlessly even after the updates. If I decide too can I get the trinity can use it on the pcm that I've already got.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yah very frustrating to say the least. Im awating an email from Rick and Tech support, see what happens

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I called them this morning. The tech apologized for my issues and offered to send me a new i2. I declined. I said what I really want is to return the i2, pay the difference, and get another Trinity. He said ok and gave me an RMA.

I think which model you get depends on what you want it for. To just load a canned, or maybe custom, tune. Turn off MDS, or whatever, it's probably fine. If it doesn't freeze up all the time. Me, I'm at the track every week and log every pass. Plus I like being able to see the screen on normal sunny days. I flat out couldn't make out anything yesterday unless I held it under the steering column. Just wasn't going to work for me. YMMV

wink

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
makes sense, like you said, depends what your using it for.

Spoke with Diablo today, Tech fixed it all over the phone with me, they modified my INFO file and things started to work.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Ive been working with tech for SIX months now trying to get my issues solved...Cant get passed the initial step of reading the pcm to download stock back up