Diablo InTune i2 vs Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Hello All,
As the title suggests I am trying to figure out the benefits of the Pedal Commander vs a Hemifever tune on my Diablo InTune i2. Currently I have the Pedal Commander installed, my unlocked PCM should be arriving this week, then I will reach out and have it tuned. I was made aware the Hemifever tune can also add sensitivity to the pedal. Is there any benefit from having both? When it is tuned how easy is it to adjust the sensitivity of the Pedal?

Thank You in Advance.

Last edited:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A custom tune will add some throttle sensitivity but it is built into the tune. You can further adjust it with the tuner to a degree but it requires reflashing the pcm. The pedal commander can be adjusted on the fly so if it were me I would get your custom tuning and then fine tune it with the pedal commander.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Totally agree with above. Having both will give u the best of both worlds. Being able to adjust throttle sensitivity on the fly with the pedal commander is a big advantage over having to flash your truck Everytime u want to turn the sensitivity up or down

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They play very well together. I'd mention to Sean(Hemifever)that you also have the PC on your truck when he asks about your mod's.
Jay

OP
OP
Deepc6

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Thank you for your insight.
The sensitivity on a tune is it comparable to the sensitivity on the Pedal Commander?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you for your insight.
The sensitivity on a tune is it comparable to the sensitivity on the Pedal Commander?

I don't have a Pedal Commander but from what I've read its comparable to what can be accomplished with tuning. With tuning the throttle response is insanely better than the stock tune or even the canned Diablo tunes.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It was not on mine. The PC was more sensitive. I think that w/o the PC Sean was setting the throttle at about 20%. You'll have to double check with either him or Matt at Moe's to make sure though.
Jay

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow the PC was more responsive than Seans tune?? Might have to look into a PC....

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not faster or no additional tq. just a quicker throttle response. I had his custom tune long before the PC was available, and the difference was very noticeable after the PC was installed.
Jay

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not faster or no additional tq. just a quicker throttle response. I had his custom tune long before the PC was available, and the difference was very noticeable after the PC was installed.

Jay

^this. Same for me! PC was way more sensitive than my hemifever 93 tune plus I can adjust on the fly

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow the PC was more responsive than Seans tune?? Might have to look into a PC....

We have lots of customers running both and love the combination. My boss has a stage Roush stage 2 Raptor with custom tuning and still prefers to use the power commander with his tunes.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
The PC works incredibly well to tighten up the accelerator response, with or without a custom tune. You won't regret it!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The PC only touches one part of the vehicle's operation, i.e., pedal sensitivity to input.

The I2 with a custom tune is a whole 'nother ball game.

OP
OP
Deepc6

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I guess that settles it, I will keep both!!!

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I bought my pedal commander from Sean and he recommends to back out any throttle sensitivity out of the tune...so he tunes that back to stock because the pedal commander allows for 36 settings and can be tuned on the fly.... with the tune you have to reload and takes 20 mins. You really need both custom tune and commander... I run mine on sport 2 daily.