Diablo Trans Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
On the Diablo forum...

Per Mike, Powerteq Customer Service Manager.

" I just programmed the TCM on one of our guys 15 Rams. Did a cal update, read backup, then loaded a custom tune, all good.
Will be testing on my 17 Scat Pack tomorrow and we have a few dealers in the field testing on personal vehicles.
Looking to get this out on i2 asap "

:naughty:

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Good to know they have that now, but already went to my speed shop's HP Tuner for full total PCM/TCM control :happy107:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Well, I have a Diablo tuner so that's the only one I really care about.

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
I have a beta trans tune ready to put on my 2014, so I will be doing that here in a few hours :naughty:

You need to send Me that file, I Beta Test it for You ! :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
So Matt, How did it go? Does the Trans Tune have adjustable parameters or what?

Inquiring minds want to know...... :Big Laugh:

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hopefully a tune will help with the trans jerk in bumper to bumper. 8 speed

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hopefully a tune will help with the trans jerk in bumper to bumper. 8 speed

Never had any jerk in my 8S, but yes after having the proper tuning done in an 8S, it turns it into a rocket, specially when you have forced induction as I do :naughty:

14_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How will this work, do you put a tune for the trans and then a tune for the motor? I mean will I be able to add this with a hemifever tune?

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How will this work, do you put a tune for the trans and then a tune for the motor? I mean will I be able to add this with a hemifever tune?

What I've seen in the past is its still one file that's loaded into your PCM, if transmission tuning is possible and adjustments were made it will load just as an "engine only" tune would because its the same file just with more parameters modified.

This whole thing of separate transmission and engine tunes is a result of the time it takes a "tuning company" to crack each respective system.

Sometimes the OEM makes things a little tougher, for their own reasons, so these additional parameters take a while to figure out.

In turn, it then takes the individual tuners "a while" to figure out what effects modifying the available modifiable parameters has on that system, hence the term "beta".

Beta testing can be a crap shoot sometimes due to different ethical points of view; each tuner has their own version of trial and error and some will only release tuning once they are fairly confident the tables they modify won't severely and negatively impact the functionality of that system.......while others will use their customers vehicles as their personal test platforms without really disclosing that information upfront......and everywhere in between!

Last edited:

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good news, been getting antsy on this. Would love to hear any real number differences before and after from guys who have the mod or are tinkering in beta.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a beta trans tune ready to put on my 2014, so I will be doing that here in a few hours :naughty:

How about some details:

What's the available parameters?

Shift point choices?

firmness etc.

You tease like a prom date, but them panties need to come off!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Its only available on the i2, so I had to return my trinity back to stock, and then load an i2 on the truck. I saved the TCM file onto the i2, but then it said it needed an update after plugging it into my truck. No problem except the update erased the tcm file. Now I have it back to stock tuning and am going to try again now that the tuner is up to date. I was trying to do this yesterday evening while watching my 2 year old, so it was a slow process.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SO its an actual TCM file, not a update to the tool like I did with my 08 charger when tranny tuning came out for that?

From what Mike ( daiblosport) posted on LX I'm gathering that this will be CMR only and we get said file from our tuner. but its separate file that as to be loaded to the IT2 so that would require a update to the tool?
I'm just trying to figure out the steps/ process and find out what shift points will be available.

I'm just looking for 6k on the 1-2 and the rest at 6200.

no pressure but quit multitasking, (I was told by my wife men cant do that. I thinkthats what she said, I was busy when she told me so not 100%), and FOCUS!

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes i cant wait to see what comes of it. And yes my truck only has 4500 miles on it and trans does some do weird things like in 1st and second i read alot of people have this problem some say it needs to learn your driving idk lol. Time will tell when it grenades.

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm excited for this news. I purchased the i2 with pcm when I first got my 2015 cc sport. I've only used the canned tunes from diablo so once this goes live it should be easy peasy to upgrade the truck.