Diablo Trinity No Go.. 2013 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2013 Ram 1500 5.7 8 speed

So I buy a Trinity and follow the steps for updating it through their interface. All good. Out to the truck and plug it in. I get this message on the tuner screen

20170608_201900_zpsacvfpb7g.jpg
I go back to the computer and do another update. Back to the truck and get the same message. I do this 3 times.. same result.
I call Diablosport and speak with a tech. I tell him my problem and read him the above message. He said I would have to downgrade the PCM software for the tuner to work. I told him that my PCM was flashed at the dealer on 4/27/17. This flashed resolved several issues.. shift shudder at higher speeds, cruise turning off on its own and some others. With that said I kindly said downgrading the flash was not an option I would entertain because downgrading would cause my prior issues to occur again. He said that downgrading was the only way I could get the tuner to work.
I became a bit frustrated at this point and said that I spent $600.00 on a device that they advertise to work but doesn't. I then asked about all the other thousands of T1000 users that will eventually get their PCM flashed, rendering their device useless. He said they too would have to downgrade. I then asked him what he would do if he were in my position. He said he would downgrade and use the tuner:roflsquared:
Maybe im missing something here? Anyone have any solutions besides downgrading or selling the unit to them?

BadRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2013 Ram 1500 5.7 8 speed

So I buy a Trinity and follow the steps for updating it through their interface. All good. Out to the truck and plug it in. I get this message on the tuner screen

20170608_201900_zpsacvfpb7g.jpg
I go back to the computer and do another update. Back to the truck and get the same message. I do this 3 times.. same result.
I call Diablosport and speak with a tech. I tell him my problem and read him the above message. He said I would have to downgrade the PCM software for the tuner to work. I told him that my PCM was flashed at the dealer on 4/27/17. This flashed resolved several issues.. shift shudder at higher speeds, cruise turning off on its own and some others. With that said I kindly said downgrading the flash was not an option I would entertain because downgrading would cause my prior issues to occur again. He said that downgrading was the only way I could get the tuner to work.
I became a bit frustrated at this point and said that I spent $600.00 on a device that they advertise to work but doesn't. I then asked about all the other thousands of T1000 users that will eventually get their PCM flashed, rendering their device useless. He said they too would have to downgrade. I then asked him what he would do if he were in my position. He said he would downgrade and use the tuner:roflsquared:
Maybe im missing something here? Anyone have any solutions besides downgrading or selling the unit to them?

I have had this happen to me many times after taking my truck to the dealer. When the above screen pops up you hit agree and it will do it's thing. It might take a couple times but it will work. I have done it many times.

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had this happen to me many times after taking my truck to the dealer. When the above screen pops up you hit agree and it will do it's thing. It might take a couple times but it will work. I have done it many times.
I don't know for sure, but to me it looks like hitting "agree" will downgrade his PCM, which he is trying to avoid.

BadRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That may be true. I guess when I've gotten the upgrades it wasn't ever because I was having issues so I haven't noticed anything different after.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read that Diablo has to flash your pcm to work with the handheld tuner, or you have to buy an already unlocked pcm from diablo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read that Diablo has to flash your pcm to work with the handheld tuner, or you have to buy an already unlocked pcm from diablo

the same situation with sct tuners

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the same situation with sct tuners

I think this is the issue with 2015 and newer

OP
OP
boomer632

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I'm not wanting to erase my dealer flash. Mine's a 13 so it doesn't require a pcm exchange. It's not locked like the 15 to current years are. Even if I did downgrade.. There's no way to put the OEM flash back in. Dealer would know that the flash was changed.

OP
OP
boomer632

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just tried my luck calling Diablo again. Another tech stated the same. Will need to downgrade pcm. I asked if he had a timeframe on when a new calid would be available.. he said he did not know. I said that Diablos current calid is 68065922AF and mine is 68065922AJ that tells me that there are 3 oem pcm flashes between mine and the most current Diablo. He said that is correct and that they do run consecutively.(AF then AG..AH..AI..AJ on so on.)

I tried to post the same on their forum and of course I haven't received a registration code to activate an account to post on the board. I tried 3 times to send code.. no email.

Im not one to bash a company but come on..
If your running a Diablo.. its only a matter of time before you have a $600.00 brick on your hands. Once the dealer flashes your truck.. brick. Unless you downgrade and are happy removing the fixes supplied in the OEM flash of course..:bs:

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Dealer flashed my PCM and I had to down grade to get tuner to work. I would down grade and get a custom tune.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Same EXACT thing happened to me but it gets better!

November 2016: Tuned the truck just fine, untuned it and took it to the dealer.. dealer did the update flash you're referring to which fixed my cruise control issues as well as some other minor things... so I go to tune the truck again and I cannot get it to tune. It freezes or gives me an error or something..

They tell me its faulty blah blah blah, they send me a replacement.

Fast forward to June of 2017-- after 7 months, HUNDREDS of emails worth of troubleshooting, hours of phone calls, countless hours of troubleshooting in the truck (without freaking AC running), and FOUR replacement tuners: I still am where I started. I actually just received my 3rd device last week and then my 4th today.

You have been warned

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm glad I haven't had any problems with my 2016. Buy I bought the unlocked PCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And I update my i2000 every week and still have had no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bought mine as a used combo(ecu and trinity)and it was giveing me a code 140a(anti lock brake,trailer brake,trans overheat and 4wd issue)...Diablo fixed me up and all has been fine..Code came back a few days ago and its an on and off thing..Emailed diablo and tolem it back,even with stock tune in trinity..Told me it was my trucks issue not theirs..
Went for a few hr drive and it was gone and back a few times..Very randomly but in shorter intervals....Gotta put my stock pcu in and see if it still happens..

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Main reason I'm steering clear from a tuner. Too much headache it seems.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well this explains a lot. When I got my Trinity it did a calibration update and "updated" my pcm from 68089628AK to 68089628AJ. At first I was pretty pissed because I had just got the truck back from a recall and I figured I would have to go back and pay to have it reflashed. But then I got my Hemifever tune and it runs WAY better now than with the AK dealer flash.

I've thought about returning it to stock and bringing it to the dealer for a current reflash but after reading about this I probably won't do that. Once you go with a custom tune the stock tune feels simply horrible.

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your planning on getting a flash tuner, I would definitely recommend paying extra for an unlocked pcm or buy a used pcm online and send it in to be unlocked.

OP
OP
boomer632

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I were to flash it with the tuner, I would be getting the issues the flashes fixes in first place. I don't understand why Diablo cant keep up with current flashes... this is what their business does right? At this time, they are 3 flashes behind on Ram 5.7. By the time they get the AJ flash for download FCA will prob be on AN. What a crock of crap.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Is returning the Trinity an option? If you used a credit card, they should be able to do something since the trinity isn't working as advertised.

OP
OP
boomer632

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well this explains a lot. When I got my Trinity it did a calibration update and "updated" my pcm from 68089628AK to 68089628AJ. At first I was pretty pissed because I had just got the truck back from a recall and I figured I would have to go back and pay to have it reflashed. But then I got my Hemifever tune and it runs WAY better now than with the AK dealer flash.

I've thought about returning it to stock and bringing it to the dealer for a current reflash but after reading about this I probably won't do that. Once you go with a custom tune the stock tune feels simply horrible.

Well that is interesting. I have the AJ flash on my PCM and it wants me to go back to AF. How did you get the AJ on your trinity? If I had AJ on my tool things would work..i believe