Diablo Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got my Diablo Tuner late Friday night. Put it in Saturday and installed can tune that came on it. My 2016 Ram already runs better on the can can't wait to get the custom tune from Moe's Performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Youre going to love the custom tune. Night and day difference over the canned tunes and it makes the truck completely different than stock.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
whetrick1

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's great I've been wanting to unleash the beast in it.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Since you got it from Moe's, I'm assuming you're going with Hemifever?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
whetrick1

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah I went with Hemifever. When I talked to them on the phone they were real nice and helpful. So I went with them.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah Matt and Sean are great guys. Both answered every​ question I had promptly and since I was a total noob to tuning I had a lot of them!

Can't say enough good about Sean and his tuning. He fine tuned my 93 octane tune several times to get it where it is. I was totally shocked at how brutal the truck feels now and I'm pretty much stock performance wise except for a Mufflex 24 which probably does nothing for actual performance.

The only canned tune I might try in the future if I'm going on a long road trip is the MPG tune.

OP
OP
whetrick1

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah they talked to me real courteous and I told them I am a 56 yr. Old noob and they explained everything that I asked.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^ That's cause they practiced on me--and I'm a LOT older than you. :naughty:
Jay

OP
OP
whetrick1

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well they had to start somewhere with us old power crazy people.

tim57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
I think we need a new thread for oldest farts with the most torqued out trucks.

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah Matt and Sean are great guys. Both answered every​ question I had promptly and since I was a total noob to tuning I had a lot of them!

Can't say enough good about Sean and his tuning. He fine tuned my 93 octane tune several times to get it where it is. I was totally shocked at how brutal the truck feels now and I'm pretty much stock performance wise except for a Mufflex 24 which probably does nothing for actual performance.

The only canned tune I might try in the future if I'm going on a long road trip is the MPG tune.

What specifically did u notice with the Hemifever tune just bought it for my 2015 waiting on it . Wondering what I can expect . Currently running diablo i2 93 tune

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What specifically did u notice with the Hemifever tune just bought it for my 2015 waiting on it . Wondering what I can expect . Currently running diablo i2 93 tune

The biggest difference I noticed right away is throttle response. It's amazingly more responsive than the stock tune or the canned tunes. It pulls much harder under hard acceleration. Hard to describe but the truck just feels much lighter and more nimble. Even the 89 tune he made for me is much better than stock or the canned tunes.

The trans shifting is much more dynamic depending on how much throttle I'm giving it. If I really lay into it the shifts are quick and firm almost like a shift kit. While normal driving the shifts are pretty much normal. Keep in mind I have the 6 speed which can be tuned but yours being a 2015 has the 8 speed which can't as of yet by a Diablo tuner.

Only issue I had which took Sean some time work out was pinging under low rpm loads.

Also make sure to run a good quality 93 octane gas and run 2-3 full tanks of it before flashing a HF tune. Licensed Brands | Top Tier Gas

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The biggest difference I noticed right away is throttle response. It's amazingly more responsive than the stock tune or the canned tunes. It pulls much harder under hard acceleration. Hard to describe but the truck just feels much lighter and more nimble. Even the 89 tune he made for me is much better than stock or the canned tunes.

The trans shifting is much more dynamic depending on how much throttle I'm giving it. If I really lay into it the shifts are quick and firm almost like a shift kit. While normal driving the shifts are pretty much normal. Keep in mind I have the 6 speed which can be tuned but yours being a 2015 has the 8 speed which can't as of yet by a Diablo tuner.

Only issue I had which took Sean some time work out was pinging under low rpm loads.

Also make sure to run a good quality 93 octane gas and run 2-3 full tanks of it before flashing a HF tune. Licensed Brands | Top Tier Gas

Copy that thanks for the info!! Are u sure diablo doesn't have tune for 8speed? It took a 93 tune from the tuner

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Copy that thanks for the info!! Are u sure diablo doesn't have tune for 8speed? It took a 93 tune from the tuner

I'm pretty sure Diablo does not have 8 speed support yet. HP tuners just recently got 8 speed support. Matt at Moe's or Sean at HF tuning would know for sure...

OP
OP
whetrick1

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I don't think they should be too far behind them. I would think Diablo is already working on it.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nothing on either one of their web sites yet
Jay

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
I've been running the DS with HF tune fora week now. Sean suggested I change to a different fuel brand, run a couple tanks, then email him a log. The change in brands of fuel made a difference. Truck pulls hard and is louder. I just filled my 3rd tank this morning, logged some data, and emailed that off to him this morning. I'm sure I'll hear from him in the next day or two. If he's able to squeeze more umph out of this thing I'll be even more impressed.

As of last time I talked to him, a week ago, still no tuning for the 8 speed. With the tune and exhaust on hard pulls it "farts" between shifts. Sounds like to me it is just the controller saving the transmission from a hard shift.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been running the DS with HF tune fora week now. Sean suggested I change to a different fuel brand, run a couple tanks, then email him a log. The change in brands of fuel made a difference. Truck pulls hard and is louder. I just filled my 3rd tank this morning, logged some data, and emailed that off to him this morning. I'm sure I'll hear from him in the next day or two. If he's able to squeeze more umph out of this thing I'll be even more impressed.

As of last time I talked to him, a week ago, still no tuning for the 8 speed. With the tune and exhaust on hard pulls it "farts" between shifts. Sounds like to me it is just the controller saving the transmission from a hard shift.
What gas were you running before and what did you switch to? I've been running Shell 93 so far...

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
What gas were you running before and what did you switch to? I've been running Shell 93 so far...

I switched to Shell but we only have 92 available.

I was running Costco 92. Heard from Sean this morning with the new updated tune. He said the Shell log looked much better than the Costco.

cbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anything yet as far as tuning support for 8 speeds? so if i had an 8speed truck the I2 is pretty much useless to me?