Diablo tuner guys, which tuner do you have

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gonna go ahead and maybe order a tuner from moes. I have seen the trinity and the i2. I searched for a thread comparing the 2 and could not find what I needed. I am going to get the hemifever option as well on whichever one I get. Which tuner is best in yalls opinion

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I have a trinity. I probably should have gone a cheaper route such as the i2, but the customizable gauge pages are kinda cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck has over 200k on it so it's nice with the trinity to monitor temp and oil pressure among other things. Trinity is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
I have the Trinity too, I got mine unmarried used locally for less than the Intune. If I hadn't found that deal I'd have an Intune. I used the gauges for a while, mostly because it was a new toy, but now it just sits on my dash because the windshield suction cup thing is crap and I got tired of putting it back weekly.

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Old school predator

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the Trinity for my 2014, if you plan on tuning and having fun on the streets the Trinity is the way to go. The 0-60, 1/8th and 1/4 mile features were awesome and i would constantly use them between mods.

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Like manual puller said, played around with it while it was new. Now pretty much sits in the glove box until a tune/mod update. Going back, would still buy it again unless funds were tight.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Had an I2 on the 2014 with a Hemifever tune. It worked well and was easy to use.

And now it's for sale... ;)

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I went with the i2. Since we can't change tunes on the fly like a diesel no need to keep it plugged in. The i2 and Trinity basically do the same thing. If you feel you need those little extras like 0-60 times etc.... Then Trinity is for you.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the I2 over the Trinity myself b/c w/ the I2 you can tune as many vehicles as you want just by buying another tuning licence. The Trinity is more expensive & doesnt offer that. So you can tune your & your wife's vehicle w/ the same device. Thats what I did. I have a 2016 Ram R/T & the wife has a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee & I tuned them both w/ the same device. You still can see everything the vehicle is doing in the datalogger, then info just isnt in a "neato" gauge form

Last edited:
OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the I2 over the Trinity myself b/c w/ the I2 you can tune as many vehicles as you want just by buying another tuning licence. The Trinity is more expensive & doesnt offer that. So you can tune your & your wife's vehicle w/ the same device. Thats what I did. I have a 2016 Ram R/T & the wife has a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee & I tuned them both w/ the same device. You still can see everything the vehicle is doing in the datalogger, then info just isnt in a "neato" gauge form

Thanks for all the responses guys. I like the fact of tuning my wife's pickup because it will kick into eco. It's a 2016 hemi crew and I would love to remove that. That being said, she will need a new pcm/Ecu correct? As well as the extra license for the tuner ? I noticed you mentioned you have an 2016 RT, do those go into eco? I have never seen it display on my 2016 rt like it does on hers?

Last edited:

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all the responses guys. I like the fact of tuning my wife's pickup because it will kick into eco. It's a 2016 hemi crew and I would love to remove that. That being said, she will need a new pcm/Ecu correct? As well as the extra license for the tuner ? I noticed you mentioned you have an 2016 RT, do those go into eco? I have never seen it display on my 2016 rt like it does on hers?

Yea she will need an unlocked pcm, but now you can do that w/ the pcm swap program that Diablo has. Instead of buying another $600 ecm, you can now swap pcm's w/ Diablo. I forget how much the charge is but its cheaper than buying the pcm out right.

http://www.diablosport.com/2015-dodge-ram-chrysler-jeep-pcm-swap/

The extra tuning licence is $150 from Diablo. Its cheaper than buying another device for the 2nd vehicle. It works our great & each vehicles files are saved to the device. When you plug the I2 in to the vehicle it knows which vehicle its in by reading the vin.

http://www.diablosport.com/licenses/

Mine shut down to 4 cylinders w/ the stock tune. I got rid of that crap when I went w/ the tune. Yours doesnt show "eco" b/c the light is turned off in the settings in the radio. Scroll through the settings & you have the option for the eco light to be on or off. It doesnt mean that the truck is in MDS, it just means the truck is getting good mpg at that time.

Last edited:

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I also like my I2. For anyone looking at some of the cool features of the Trinity, you could also get a cheap bluetooth OBD module and run the Torque app on your phone. There are lots of customizations for different guages/faces and I have a magnetic mount that puts my phone right in front of me on top of the left-center air vent.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The i2 is perfect for most people that just want to tune the truck and not have to worry about mounting it in the truck. The trinity is great for people who want to have real time monitors, built in code reader, 0-60 timers, etc. I went with the trinity because I had planned to get the pillar mount for it and make it a permanent fixture. However if I had to do it over again I probably wouldve went with the i2. If I ever get pulled over its right there in plain site and when I go for inspections I have to take it out which with the pillar mount is a pretty big pain.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
The i2 is perfect for most people that just want to tune the truck and not have to worry about mounting it in the truck. The trinity is great for people who want to have real time monitors, built in code reader, 0-60 timers, etc. I went with the trinity because I had planned to get the pillar mount for it and make it a permanent fixture. However if I had to do it over again I probably wouldve went with the i2. If I ever get pulled over its right there in plain site and when I go for inspections I have to take it out which with the pillar mount is a pretty big pain.

You don't have mount the Trinity in the truck. Just like the Intune, once tuning is complete it can be unplugged and stored elsewhere.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is very true. However if you're going to tune the truck and put it in a drawer, might as well get the I2...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk