Diablo Tuner question/confirmation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So with my trans being a pain in the Ass, I'm not going to run my tuner at all until it goes under the knife and I do all the modifications I want to it and swapping out the trans being one of them...

so my question is on the T-1000 and canned tunes, I should be able to set it up to load in the charger right and have a little fun at the track with the charger till I get things squared away and don't have to keep putting transmissions in the Ram?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You have to buy a separate license to run it on both vehicles of course. I think you'd want to check With Diablo on the T1000 tune compatibility with your Charger.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You will have to buy another tuner for the Charger. You cant buy another tuning license for the Trinity. That is only offered for the I2. That is 1 of the reasons I like the I2 more than the Trinity.

Licenses - DiabloSport

I dont want to start a big forum debate w/ this but in all honesty man before you give up on tuning the truck I would swap who tunes the truck. It may be an issue that can get resovled by someone else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will have to buy another tuner for the Charger. You cant buy another tuning license for the Trinity. That is only offered for the I2. That is 1 of the reasons I like the I2 more than the Trinity.

Licenses - DiabloSport

I dont want to start a big forum debate w/ this but in all honesty man before you give up on tuning the truck I would swap who tunes the truck. It may be an issue that can get resovled by someone else.

I might talk to Sean and get a softer tune but I was having issues with even the canned tunes. Trans isn't right, I think its the TC cause it locks up sometimes and sometimes doesn't and I think that is the issue. My temps range from 155 to 195 with no change in driving style and same ambient air temps... one day I fire it up and it runs like a ***** ape and trans temps are in the 150 range, other days it wont get out of its own track, I can feel the trans slip or the TC not lock up and temps jump to 180-190's...

So with that I'm afraid to tune it and accelerate this one to blow up to and put more time and money into a trans I don't want and cant really build to not remove the issues.... So I am most likely going to just baby it till I can get my SH!# together and get back to my plan for buying my jeep and putting this under the knife and modify it as planned.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got ya. Definitely no wot from part throttle. Downshifting to 2nd is ruff on those transmissions. When I had my 04 I had to learn that the hard way.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So with my trans being a pain in the Ass, I'm not going to run my tuner at all until it goes under the knife and I do all the modifications I want to it and swapping out the trans being one of them...

so my question is on the T-1000 and canned tunes, I should be able to set it up to load in the charger right and have a little fun at the track with the charger till I get things squared away and don't have to keep putting transmissions in the Ram?
How did you get a tuner in california?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sneakily.... I know people lol, i don't want to put him on blast on the forum just incase it can get him in trouble

But most stuff thst i cant get shipped into cali, i either make a run up over hill to summit racing in nevada or just have my buddy that lives up there pick it up and ship it to me since he works for ups...

Last time i went there was for all the exhaust parts they wouldnt ship... even if i were to use it on a non smog vehicle they wont ship it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had similar issues, but without tranny heat build up.
He widened my tc lockup rpms. Seems to run smoother. No lag, hesitation or huge shudders.