Diablo Tuners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the next big purchase I'm getting for my truck is a tuner and I was curious if there's pros and cons to the I2 or Trinity tuners? Personally I'd like to go with the i2 tuner but I don't know much about them. Figured I'd ask you guys that run either tuner.

Sent from the howitzer

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The tuning is identical between the i2 and the trinity. The main difference is that the Trinity comes with a monitor where the i2 does not. The Trinity monitor will allow you to watch your gauges in real time, and it also lets you record 0-60, 1/8th, and 1/4 mile times. If you dont think you will use those, then I would save the money and go with the i2 instead.

Diablo is currently running a $25 rebate on the i2 and a $50 rebate on the Trinity through August 31st, so that is an extra savings as well.

OP
OP
1SilverBullet2

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah I saw the rebate savings on the tuners so that's what is making me go to buying a tuner. I saw the trinity had a monitor for monitoring read outs but I wasn't sure if one was better or not, if that's the case then I'll just get the i2 tuner and save myself a few bucks there. Thanks Matt

Sent from the howitzer

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
No problem. The i2 is what I run in my 2015.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi450hp;1327551 Diablo is currently running a $25 rebate on the i2 and a $50 rebate on the Trinity through August 31st said:
Just purchased an i2 from Moe's and didn't hear anything about a rebate. Does this only apply from buying directly from Diablo ? Anyway to still get the rebate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Just purchased an i2 from Moe's and didn't hear anything about a rebate. Does this only apply from buying directly from Diablo ? Anyway to still get the rebate ?

The rebate started on July 1st, so if you purchased after the 1st, then this would apply for you as well. Shoot me a PM with your order #, and I will email the rebate form to you.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The rebate started on July 1st, so if you purchased after the 1st, then this would apply for you as well. Shoot me a PM with your order #, and I will email the rebate form to you.

Awh man I think I missed it by literally 1 day ! [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btp 2332

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I downloaded two days ago and noticed there was a tow tune. What is the difference between tow tune, mpg tune and 93 tune in guessing timing?. I have the 93 tune in now until Monday just to see if it nets any mpg gains then time to email Hemifever.

Racerx26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is getting the hemi fever tune with the Diablo that much better?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Is getting the hemi fever tune with the Diablo that much better?

Yes. Hemifever's tuning makes about 10hp/tq more than the canned tunes and also includes trans/tq management tuning.

Racerx26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh wow that's definitely worth it then, I'm trying to decide which way to go as far as a tuner after I put new tires on, so thank you for that info

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh wow that's definitely worth it then, I'm trying to decide which way to go as far as a tuner after I put new tires on, so thank you for that info

I have the i2 (awesome with Hemifever 93)..... If you just want to tune and don't really care for the live monitoring of the trinity then the i2 is the way to go for the $$$. No regrets here.

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yes. Hemifever's tuning makes about 10hp/tq more than the canned tunes and also includes trans/tq management tuning.

Have there been any progression on the 2016 trans tuning? Think the last I read no one been able to tune them yet.

Racerx26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the i2 (awesome with Hemifever 93)..... If you just want to tune and don't really care for the live monitoring of the trinity then the i2 is the way to go for the $$$. No regrets here.

Im hoping after i tune it, put an exhaust and an intake on it will wake this engine up abit more!

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Have there been any progression on the 2016 trans tuning? Think the last I read no one been able to tune them yet.

It's not just 2016s. Last time I checked, there hasn't been a way to modify the programming for any of the 8HP70 transmissions since they debuted in the Rams in 2013 as an optional upgrade. My guess is they are still working on it.

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
It's not just 2016s. Last time I checked, there hasn't been a way to modify the programming for any of the 8HP70 transmissions since they debuted in the Rams in 2013 as an optional upgrade. My guess is they are still working on it.

How does your truck drive and shift with the new power and torque? I know you can manually shift at higher RPM manually to enjoy it more, but does the TCM shift gears in drive?

Btp 2332

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I downloaded 93 Hemifever tune two days ago. Last night I did the required logging via Hemituners directions. Regular driving instantly noticed the throttle was nicer, more power up hills, then I did the 0-75 mph wot he wants and wowww. Wow. I think I said holy f out loud when I hit about 80 in what felt like blink of an eye. 8 speed, 3.92, mufflex delete pipe, k&n drop in filter, Hemifever tune, the truck is a whole new animal.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
How does your truck drive and shift with the new power and torque? I know you can manually shift at higher RPM manually to enjoy it more, but does the TCM shift gears in drive?

I think the programming isn't bad at all, honestly. I have driven Chrysler 4 and 5 speed transmissions since my first vehicle (1995 Dakota), and this 8-speed handles the truck before and after the tune quite well. Best transmission I've ever felt in a truck, quite honestly.

I really wish they offered 93 octane out here. The highest I can find 99.9% of the time is 91 octane (and that is the tune I am running right now). Add in the fact that my state loves to throw 10% ethanol into about every octane (even 87) and that hurts the power/tune ability even more.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
I downloaded two days ago and noticed there was a tow tune. What is the difference between tow tune, mpg tune and 93 tune in guessing timing?. I have the 93 tune in now until Monday just to see if it nets any mpg gains then time to email Hemifever.

The MPG booster works although I don't like seeing knock retard, this tells me the MPG tune might be a tad lean since I was running 91 octane without ethanol. When I have the towing tune loaded on 91 octane I rarely see knock retard and it shifts a million times better, more like a truck should IMO(I still have the 545RFE in my '11). The best evic readout I've seen with the towing tune was 15.3 and the best I've seen with the mpg tune was 16.5, both after long highway trips with several fill-ups. I'm personally willing to give up that 1 MPG to not see knock retard and to have the truck drive and shift like I think it should. I've also gone in and modified the towing tune and raised the part throttle shift rpms by a few hundred across the board, that seems to help to keep it from upshifting while turning from a stop sign so I can lay the hammer when straightened out and not worry about a downshift hurting the trans.