Diablo Tuners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotts2012ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know if the caned tunes messes with the trans tunes. I got my trinity used from a buddy at a hell of a deal so I only have the caned tunes for now

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
New to tune!

I've been away from "tuning" since I got rid of my 2014 Laramie with a Hypertech tuner. I now have a 2012 Ram Express RCSB with a homemade colder intake. I occasionally tow a 7x14 cargo trailer, but mostly daily drive. I'd like to wake up my drives a bit and also do better with mpg. In town, I can't get straight gas 89, but can get straight gas 91. I usually get the 91, but don't know how much that helps. I've logged every tank since new and have averaged 17.18 over 30K miles. My service manager at the dealership recommended the I2010. I don't have an EVIC, so I am leaning towards the Trinity. I would like to monitor transmission temps. Will the Trinity let me do that? Everyone on this thread certainly seems to know more than me, so I am asking for informed opinions. If I'm going to spend $400 or more, I want to make sure I get something that'll make me happy. I don't object to buying premium fuel, but would like to see better mpg and still be able to tow. My trailer is licensed for 6K lbs., and even when I haul my Bug, I don't come close.

Also, I'm leaning towards ordering from Moe's so I can get a custom tune. Is it only one tune made specifically for my needs or does everyone get the same tune? See, I told you I don't know too much. Thanks for any advice.

:)

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
When you purchase a Diablo tuner from us with the Hemifever custom tuning, we will send you 2 different tunes specifically for the mods you have and how you are using the truck. Hemifever normally sends 89 and 93 octane tunes, but he can send you an 87 and 91 octane as well if that is what you have available in your area. Tune updates are also free as you continue to modify your truck, so that is an added bonus.

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
When you purchase a Diablo tuner from us with the Hemifever custom tuning, we will send you 2 different tunes specifically for the mods you have and how you are using the truck. Hemifever normally sends 89 and 93 octane tunes, but he can send you an 87 and 91 octane as well if that is what you have available in your area. Tune updates are also free as you continue to modify your truck, so that is an added bonus.

Thanks for the quick reply! I think I'll call and chat with one of your techs before I decide how to proceed. Since I want to keep non-ethanol gas in my truck and that is 91 octane, I probably will want a 91 tune one one other. My service guy said he runs a 93 tune in the winter, but burns 89 octane. Does that make sense? With a majority of my driving being without towing, I would like better mpg. Also, any idea on the trans temp readout on the Trinity? I need to get several things squared away, but will be back in touch soon. Thanks!

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FYI, I just purchased the Diablo i2 from Moe's and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm not sure if it was my geographical location or what, but I got the tuner literally the next day. The initial tune was pretty easy to install, and once I got that done, dealing with Sean from Hemifever has been a wonderful experience. If I shoot him an email with a question I usually hear back within a few minutes. I sent him my base tunes at 7pm the night I got my tuner and when I woke up the next morning I had my tweaked tunes in my email at 6am. Great service.

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
FYI, I just purchased the Diablo i2 from Moe's and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm not sure if it was my geographical location or what, but I got the tuner literally the next day. The initial tune was pretty easy to install, and once I got that done, dealing with Sean from Hemifever has been a wonderful experience. If I shoot him an email with a question I usually hear back within a few minutes. I sent him my base tunes at 7pm the night I got my tuner and when I woke up the next morning I had my tweaked tunes in my email at 6am. Great service.

Well I just sent him mine I hope he gets my Hemi Fever tunes to me tomorrow. But Monday would be fine.

What does Sean mean by Throttle responsiveness High or "really" high. I chose "really" high thinking it's a very fast throttle response, Correct?

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Some guys prefer it to be more responsive, where some feel its too touchy and almost uncomfortable because of the increased response at par tthrottle. Just see what you think after install, and let him know if he needs to dial it down for you.

gypsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm having a problem with my intune that hopefully someone can shed some light on. Everytime I plug the tuner into my computer I get a pop-up that says "There is a problem with this drive Scan Drive now and Fix It". It has done this right from the first time plugged in but I managed to run the updater and install the 87 Octane canned tune. I received my custom tunes from Sean the other day and followed his instructions for installing to the tuner the tunes transfer over then disappear and iintune does not say tune installed. I verified this by plugging into truck and there is no Custom tune folder. When the tune transferred from the e-mail to tuner the pop-up for problem with drive comes up. I'm running Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Run the program in compatibility mode in Win10

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I get the same pop up on windows 8 . Just disregard it.and also you dont open it up and add it to the tunes folder your supposed to add it to the root folder and they will not show up in the tunes folder on the computerbut if loaded correctly then they will show up in the custom tunes section of the tuner when pluged in.look it up on youtube that might help.i might be telling you something you already know.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

gypsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the replies yes I disregarded the pop-up and was able to run the windows updater and install canned tune to truck but when I drag my custom tune to the Root Folder it goes then disappears and when plugged into truck nothing there no custom tune folder.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did a dialog show up on the tuner saying press ok to copy custom tune?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

gypsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No nothing I think my virus protection is causing the grief but not sure 100%

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the replies yes I disregarded the pop-up and was able to run the windows updater and install canned tune to truck but when I drag my custom tune to the Root Folder it goes then disappears and when plugged into truck nothing there no custom tune folder.

I just did mine from Sean today. Did the tuner say they had had been copied, it pops up on the tuner?

Right from Seans email i got.

"Save the files from email to your desktop. Then right click on the file and select copy and then paste the files one at at time to the tuner per the picture link. Once you have copied the tunes to that folder they won't show up. You will just get a pop up notification on the tuner saying the tune has been copied.

Now you are ready to take the tuner to your vehicle. Select to tune vehicle, answer the agreement question, then choose Advanced Tunes, then a custom tunes option will show up to select, and my tunes will show up after that."

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I always goes to the "tunes" folder and copy it there. Only time I've had an issue, I just renamed the files and saved. Worked perfect.

Sent from somewhere with confusion.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I always goes to the "tunes" folder and copy it there. Only time I've had an issue, I just renamed the files and saved. Worked perfect.

Sent from somewhere with confusion.

I tried this method and had no luck. I actually had a really difficult time the first go around because I was trying to do it with my MacBook. Once I gave up on the MacBook I swapped to my wife's laptop, copied the tunes to her desktop, and clicked on each tune individually and drug and dropped it onto the tuner icon on the desktop. After each tune the tuner would say "file copied". I did both that way and had no more issues. Hope that helps.

gypsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I've been working with Sean he tried to help but it's not his tunes that are a problem and he said he can't help me save the tunes to my desktop (can't even do that from his e-mail) So when all else fails I e-mailed his e-mail to a different computer with a different operating version of windows and loaded my 89 octane tune from that comp and yes the intune finally acknowledged the file was copied so installed to my truck.

Only thing I found a little misleading was I was under the assumption after researching the diablo and reading tons on this site about hemifever was I thought you installed your tune of choice then you ran the data logger for different scenarios that he asked for and then he customized the tune for your truck. His e-mail stated that when you run 2-3 tanks of 91octane then do the logging and he'll tweek that tune.Have no intention of running 91 Octane so I guess running 89 octane makes all our trucks the same no customizing required.