diablosport- 8 speed transmission tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiteram432

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
to whomever this may concern at diablosport,

Why is it that bullydog has bested you once again with the tuning for the 8 speed tranny..
first it was the 6 speed, now this.. Lol.. anyways, any news on when downloading will announce they have tuning available for the 8 speed tranny?? I'm in a dark place due to no tuning options for this beast yet..lol

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your that anxious to get a tuner, why not just get a bullydog?

OP
OP
W

whiteram432

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
because bullydog doesn't accept custom tuning.. also the 6speed tunes from bully dog seemed to have some kinks

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
on the flipside, one could argue that DS takes their time testing and making sure everything is at it should be. you have to remember, transmission tunes, when done incorrectly, will destroy your transmission.

you said it yourself, BD has kinks. .they seem to be more concerned about being first than being right.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Diablo is very close on the 2013 6 speeds. It will always take them a bit longer because they go much more in depth on the tuning that the companies that only offer canned tunes. I will give them a call this afternoon to see how they are looking on the 8 speed tuning.

Adams2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Diablo is very close on the 2013 6 speeds. It will always take them a bit longer because they go much more in depth on the tuning that the companies that only offer canned tunes. I will give them a call this afternoon to see how they are looking on the 8 speed tuning.

When I spoke to them they said still another 3-5 months away

So I'm thinking of buying the bd for now then switching over when they decide to come out

OP
OP
W

whiteram432

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
your a six speed.. you have both options.. I'm a 8 speed.. I have one option but not very secure about that option..lol

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Longhorn All Options
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
your a six speed.. you have both options.. I'm a 8 speed.. I have one option but not very secure about that option..lol

Ditto, but If I have to start off with BullyDog, I will I guess...looks like as I type this they are working the kinks out of the 8 speed tune. Luckily on someone else's truck...:nutkick: