Diablosport on a 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone with 2015+ tried the Diablosport I3 pcm swap? Looking into it but I'm just not sure about the gains vs cost?

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone with 2015+ tried the Diablosport I3 pcm swap? Looking into it but I'm just not sure about the gains vs cost?

I'm not sure what it cost for a PCM swap but I paid for just the tuner on a Dodge Charger R/T and to be honest I don't think I'd do it again. There was a little more "pep" but for the money I don't think it was worth it.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same as the i2, but with faster processing from what I've seen. I'm sure new features will only come to this model now, but I didn't see any yet.

Custom tune with trans tuning (8 speed) really wake up the truck, personally just for the transmission tune it's worth it. You can also add a Pedal commander to adjust throttle sensitivity on the fly.

OP
OP
magician

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same as the i2, but with faster processing from what I've seen. I'm sure new features will only come to this model now, but I didn't see any yet.

Custom tune with trans tuning (8 speed) really wake up the truck, personally just for the transmission tune it's worth it. You can also add a Pedal commander to adjust throttle sensitivity on the fly.

Seems like a lot and then have to buy the PC to adjust throttle response? Maybe I should start looking at HP Tuners?

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems like a lot and then have to buy the PC to adjust throttle response? Maybe I should start looking at HP Tuners?

Throttle response can be adjusted with the Diablo unit, but it's not on the fly. For example, my PC is set to Sport +2, but this morning I've switched to City while driving because it started to rain and it was getting sketchy.

The PC will change your perception of the power the truck have. For street driving I now believe it's a must.

Never looked at HP, but I'm sure their offer is similar to the Diablo one.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Canned tunes suck--you will feel much better performance with a custom tune. Moe's sells a package deal with the PCM, the tuner, and a custom tune from Hemifever. You can invest in a Pedal Commander if you want to adjust the throttle response on the fly. The custom tune comes with a throttle response adjustment but a lot of people prefer the Pedal Commander because of the "on the fly" feature. You can run the custom tune and the Pedal Commander if you like--they play very well together!!!!
Jay

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
As stated, the canned Diablo tunes give us about 20hp/tq where custom tuning is giving us closer to 30-35hp/tq to the wheels. You will see a very noticeable boost in responsiveness from the custom tuning, but not as much as we see from the Pedal Commander. It doesnt matter if you go with Diablo or HP tuners, you will still need to purchase an unlocked PCM and pay someone to write a custom tune for you...basically, there isnt really any cost savings by using 1 tuning platform over the other.

OP
OP
magician

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As stated, the canned Diablo tunes give us about 20hp/tq where custom tuning is giving us closer to 30-35hp/tq to the wheels. You will see a very noticeable boost in responsiveness from the custom tuning, but not as much as we see from the Pedal Commander. It doesnt matter if you go with Diablo or HP tuners, you will still need to purchase an unlocked PCM and pay someone to write a custom tune for you...basically, there isnt really any cost savings by using 1 tuning platform over the other.

That's the same conclusion I'm getting. I'm still a skeptic of the Pedal Commander, just seems like it's to good to be true. I had something similar on my previous truck and I didn't notice anything different until it made the cruise control stop working. I still need to tow a 5k boat/trailer combo as well. More to think about...