Diablosport programmer questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiAK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone, new to the forum and I just picked up a new to me 2015 Ram 1500 about two months ago. I've been doing a lot of browsing on this forum so far and finally decided to start an account. Anyways my truck is lifted and sitting on 35s so I've been wanting to get a programmer to help with the larger tires and everything. I was curious what kind of gains I could expect with the diablosport tuner and if I can really justify spending the pretty much $1000 for the programmer and unlocked PCM. I've seen some posts about the custom hemi fever tunes and such. I don't plan on getting crazy with performance mods, I'll just be sticking the basics like exhaust and cai. Just looking for some input and trying to sell myself on the programmer. Thanks in advance for the help!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It's one of the best bang for the buck mods you can do although for 2015+ trucks, it's quite a few more bucks for that bang.

The canned tunes are OK but when you get a custom tune done by Hemifever it really wakes up the truck.

The gains are not huge. However, the overall driveability, throttle response, off the line power and mid range performance are a real eye opener. And I actually saw a small increase in MPG on my 6.4L and 5.7L trucks plus my 300C SRT8.

You might be able to get away with less than the $1K price tag by doing a PCM swap as part of the programmer/custom tune deal that Hemifever offers. I'd talk to him about final pricing.

Good luck with your decision.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye