Did I break my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trapinator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have thrown my 16 into limp mode to..not from a burn out but from a dig spun the tires so hard it jumped to 6400 and clunked. On my PTS had to set the e brake and pull the ignition fuse to turn truck off..it disengaged and was fine..i would say if your gonna do donuts, your gonna have to petal it instead of just a WOT mash.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hemi29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the same problem if you have push to start hold the button in and the truck will shut off and than your gear selector and everything will reset and yes the cel will clear with trinity even though it don't show a code reset it anyway

OP
OP
wstacy3

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried every way I could to clear it and get the trans out of limp mode. No go. So I reverted ecu to factory and had it towed to the dealer. Im within my warranty so fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will be interesting to see how much you're " fun" is gonna cost you.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Will be interesting to see what transpires at the dealership.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I tried every way I could to clear it and get the trans out of limp mode. No go. So I reverted ecu to factory and had it towed to the dealer. Im within my warranty so fingers crossed

Did it stay in limp mode even after re-installing the stock ecu and stock tune?
I've had mine hit limp mode multiple times,but it has always reset itself after holding down the start button and shutting the truck off,and clearing the non-existent code with my trinity.I know you have the key style ignition,but still figure if you can get it to shut down,it might revert itself back to normal

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
remember, if the dealer checks your ECU, they can tell how often it was accessed. Not sure if they can tell when though.

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is that really what its come to? You cant do a donut or two without locking your tranny up? Now its completely stuck in P. If I turn the knob it say shift to P and then desired gear.

TO clarify, it sucks, I agree with you.. However years ago when you were lucky for the factory to squeeze 225 HP out of a new truck, it took big bucks to get 400 HP out of one, so a little abuse here and there in the name of fun wasn't necessarily a threat to drive line components etc..Now days you drive trucks off the lot with 400 HP plus, then add tuners, exhaust, etc..and the resulting HP numbers could very much be a threat to the drive line / tranny under abuse conditions. Obviously a fail safe becomes a pain in the ass to someone attempting to have fun, however it saves them the cost of potential warranty work because of abuse..

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
thread has been cleaned up. Stop the bickering. If you have issues take it to pm. Keep it off the general forum.

Keep it on track or thread will be removed.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey OP.
hope you get it sorted out under warranty.

Im late to the party but want to ask if you pressed TC?ESP off before the fun began?

I was learning my truck and using the buttons to shift and forgot to press ESP OFF and bounced of the rev limiter 3x while I was pressing the wrong button to upshift and she has a cow and went to limp mode. I got a bunch of msgs on the EVIC and finally stopped and it would not into park at first. Finally got it into P and shut it off and restarted and it was ok.....I have not had issue since, I haven't played with the buttons much...lol

I have forgotten to press ESP in my ( tuned / built) 08 charger a few times and overspeed the engine( as sensed by the tranny) the tranny goes to N until you stop and restart...embarrassing but not permanent.

again GL and hope it gets fixed. Please post up results !

OP
OP
wstacy3

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dealer said tranny went and they are non serviceable units so its being replaced for free since I'm under warranty

OP
OP
wstacy3

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Certified used 2014 ram hemi crew cab with 2 inch drop springs, 180 stat, k/n cia, flowmaster 50 series with deleted resonators, greene 93 oct tune, 24" wheels.

Bought the truck as certified used with vehicle protection till 48000 miles and powertrain till 100,000 miles.truck had 19,000 miles when I got it. Currently has 41,000 miles on it

OP
OP
wstacy3

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
7b11466d60adc1df2cdb29c66c0c2880.jpg

OP
OP
wstacy3

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey OP.
hope you get it sorted out under warranty.

Im late to the party but want to ask if you pressed TC?ESP off before the fun began?

I was learning my truck and using the buttons to shift and forgot to press ESP OFF and bounced of the rev limiter 3x while I was pressing the wrong button to upshift and she has a cow and went to limp mode. I got a bunch of msgs on the EVIC and finally stopped and it would not into park at first. Finally got it into P and shut it off and restarted and it was ok.....I have not had issue since, I haven't played with the buttons much...lol

I have forgotten to press ESP in my ( tuned / built) 08 charger a few times and overspeed the engine( as sensed by the tranny) the tranny goes to N until you stop and restart...embarrassing but not permanent.

again GL and hope it gets fixed. Please post up results !

Tc is turned off with my tune... the button doesn't work now