Diff lock or LSD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maclean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
So, I installed the Truetrac on my 2500.

So far, I have been able to get that truck into places it shouldn't be in the snow, in particular in four wheel drive.

In two wheel drive, you have to be very careful with steering input or you will learn how to drift.

OP
OP
WillO

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

So far, I have been able to get that truck into places it shouldn't be in the snow, in particular in four wheel drive.

In two wheel drive, you have to be very careful with steering input or you will learn how to drift.

Good to know. The Detroit is my preference

I really only want it as a "just in case" I recently bought some property that requires a gravel trail and some steep parts to get to it. I have done it plenty of times with no LSD, but I just want to be on the side of caution. Spending 6-700$ is a small price to pay for some piece of mind.

As I mentioned I live in South Florida so I never need 4wd, hence why I didn't buy one, just the extra traction when I visit my out of state property.

I appreciate your input. Many thanks

OP
OP
WillO

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Did you install yourself? I plan on doing it myself

I saw your truck on your thread. Very nice! My next truck will be a 2500.

OP
OP
WillO

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

maclean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Did you install yourself? I plan on doing it myself

I saw your truck on your thread. Very nice! My next truck will be a 2500.

Thank you!

I did not install it myself. A relative who is a Mopar mechanic convinced me it would be a better idea to have it professionally installed.