Difference between tuners???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c.riedinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone, new to the ram 1500. Just recently purchased a 2015 ram 1500 and was curious about the different tuner programs. I have looked through the form as well as online, and have not found exactly what I was looking for information wise. If you need if y'all could chime in and break down the different pros and cons of each one, It would be greatly appreciated. What I am looking for is something that has multiple tunes for different driving styles, example would be eco mode, city and sport..... The main thing I'm looking for is a better mpg with the occasional sport mode for when I really want to get on it. I currently have a k&n filter and magnaflow 14" muffler with duel pipes. Also a leveling kit with 305x50x20 tires, if that info is needed as well. Again any info would be greatly appreciated.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Welcome. A pedal commander may be something you should look into.

OP
OP
C

c.riedinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have read about the pedal commander, but what would be the benefits of the diablo / bullydog over the pedal commander. Long term ECU reliability is also a concern. Don't want any check engine lights and codes thrown

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can run them independently or simultaneously. The pedal commander enhances the acceleration--with or without a tune. It does not increase the power, whereas a tune will increase the hp and tq numbers. Talk to Sean at Hemifever or Matt at Moe's Performance for detailed information.
Jay

Mueller2189

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a bully dog bdx and I'm returning it today. I've been on the phone with them all day yesterday and today. Just to see if I missed something, but I didnt the only thing I can do with it is give my truck a tune and change tires sizes... I would suggest a flashdaq I know a buddy of mine loves his and we both have a 2014

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Love superchips. Used em for 10+ years.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Diablosport I2 will hold multiple tunes and you can swap between them (but not on the fly) as you see fit. Custom tuning is also available and Matt @ Moe's Performance may still be running the I2 + Custom Tune by Hemifever package special.

I like the Diablosport programmers and have used them on several vehicles over the years.