Differences between Jay Green and Hemifever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I currently run a Hemifever 93 tune. Just curious to how different a Jay Green 93 tune would be.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had both, both were an improvement over stock. I don't want to create a **** show but Jay's tune was a few tenths quicker down the 1/4 mile. Jay's initial tunes were slower vs hemifever but he kept at it and over 6-7 tunes it was flawless.

IMO- hemifevers ran better out of the box and if you're not searching for every little bit of power I would just go with hemifever.

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ran a Hemifever 93 on my 11'. Now I'm running an 87 from Jay until I get a few tanks of 93 in. I'm impressed with the 87 alone and the quick replies and customer service is amazing. Picked up an Intune for 180 and had my tunes within 30 min of sending my payment and stock tune.

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea just realized that. Look I'm a consumer. I love my Hemifever tune. He has been very helpful with me and my mods. Same with Matt from Moes. So if this is really going to be heated the Administrator please remove this thread.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Yea just realized that. Look I'm a consumer. I love my Hemifever tune. He has been very helpful with me and my mods. Same with Matt from Moes. So if this is really going to be heated the Administrator please remove this thread.

I think if everyone wants to put there big boy pants on and only give reviews on the products they have used I think this could be a current civil thread

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I think if everyone wants to put there big boy pants on and only give reviews on the products they have used I think this could be a current civil thread
Good luck on that one. There's too much enmity and polarization between the two camps at this point. It'd be like asking Democrats and Republicans to get along and agree on gun laws and *** marriage, at the same time.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ran a Hemifever 93 on my 11'. Now I'm running an 87 from Jay until I get a few tanks of 93 in. I'm impressed with the 87 alone and the quick replies and customer service is amazing. Picked up an Intune for 180 and had my tunes within 30 min of sending my payment and stock tune.

You bought the intune from me lol

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
HAHA...The truth is that if you took 2 trucks with the same mods and each tune, you wont see more than a .1 difference in 1/4 mile ET from 1 side or the other. If you are happy with 1 or the other, then stick with it. They both know what they are doing.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ive actually used both of their street tunes and race tunes. I could give a unbiased review of both but it wouldnt do anything. Honestly for the avg driver it doesnt matter which one you run.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I haven't used either, but from a consumer looking outside, and looked at reviews, how they conduct themselves, professionalism, I know where my money would go...

^This, right here.

I've talked to Jay on a few occasions both here on the forum and through Facebook, and his professionalism is sorely lacking IMO.

Sean (Hemifever) and Matt have never been anything but a pleasure to deal with.

I think Matt hit the nail on the head. There will hardly be any differences between these two for most trucks. They're more limited by the software right now than their own capabilities as tuners.

Regardless, even if Jay was slightly faster, I'd still keep my business with Hemifever simply because he's much easier to deal with.

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the thread is about who has a better/faster tune, not who is the king of morality

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I think the thread is about who has a better/faster tune, not who is the king of morality

You still wont get a good answer out of that. If you want to check timeslips, then Hemifever has more record setting fast trucks. But then the Jay supporters say its only because Hemifever's customers are more dedicated to track times and because Hemifever is tuning more trucks than anyone else.

At the end of the day, not every truck is going to run faster with 1 tuner than the other. Some guys will prefer Hemifever while others prefer Jay. You are never going to get a 100% yes or no as to who is best.