Differences between Jay Green and Hemifever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys! Why aren't my arepeeems starting at 0????? Guys???

I have both tunes. Guess what? Both of my tunes deliver me a faster truck. Every now and then I throw an updated tune in and ride with that. Its pretty pathetic that we argue about this every damn time. I am not very familiar with Sean as the other guys but every time I email him I get a quick response back. I have both Matt and Jay's phone number. Both guys will have a conversation with you about our trucks long after I've asked my questions. Both of these guys are very knowledgeable. Matt kicks ass with his store and will help you out with anything. Jay has great customer service and will work with you until he gets it right or your money back. I mean really people. Its like arguing over whether you want $1000 in 20's or 100's. Pointless.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Racing, you will have hurt transmissions, rear-ends, all kinds of issues., If people cant expect that with any tuner, rather it be handheld, custom tuner, off the shelf, then don't touch the darn truck.
Again, with a brick of a truck we all have it can almost be pointless to say this is the best, or best ET. DA's change and vary per state, night, etc. There's too many factors.
As consumers we have the choice to make, look, evaluate, and choose.

But I've seen a lot of outright bantering and trying to trash a trusted (by most) paid supporting vendor(s).

Lets get back to what we like about our tune, and leave out the name calling, chest pounding and butt rubbing.

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I agree. I started this thread to find out if there were any difference between the two. From what I've read it seems like it's from Greens corner doing alot of the trash talking. Sicmadek has there ever been a truck that Green tuned that didn't run what it should?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
... has there ever been a truck that Green tuned that didn't run what it should?

What is "should"?

The fact is, tuning is a very subjective thing - what's most important to you?

For some people, it may be 20-60. Others, 1/4 time. Others, 1/4 mile speed. Some, 60' times. And others yet, just what the butt dyno says.

Look up "subjective".

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Why should I look up anything? I'm not in Jr high. It's just funny how some of the grown men act in this thread. I know the meanings of your big words. Haha. If one person says you have to list the bad with the good then that goes for the trucks Green has tuned.
I have experience with Hemifever and Moes. They have both been beyond helpful. My truck likes Hemifever tune, I don't have the flare shift issues some have.
I'm not going to the track every weekend. I have a crew cab 6000 pound and some change truck. If I where going to be serious about racing I would pick a different platform.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting thread. I have no experience with HemiFever tunes. Was running canned Diablo tunes. Shifted like crap. Ordered some tunes from Jay. Fast, courteous, truck shifts great and is a hoot to drive now. I'm just in it for the butt dyno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
https://vimeo.com/164666929

2013 1500 5.7 crew cab 4x4. 3.55 everything stock. Muffler removed. This is the 89 octane tune. Have some mulch in the bed two car seats lol other stuff with kids. Fat truck. Will load the 93 octane tune this weekend.

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah also a 6 speed

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
setting aside some of the aggressive tones of some of the posts here,..Maybe its like NASCAR....Ok hear e out:

Sometimes a great team or crew chief is paired up with a champion driver and the results aren't as expected. They just don't "GEL". Both entities are competent, both are giving 100%. Both move on to other combinations and are successful again.

This situation sometimes happens between an owner and a tuner. e-mail is an awesome way to tune, but communication can suffer.

I've used a handful of tuners, and I always try to communicate my issues, what I am seeing/ feeling in the vehicle. Not so much for my truck, as I so far have been conservative in my mods. With my charger, I would look at the data logs and find knock or an AFR problem and point that out, IF I felt it was pertinent.
I have no idea if all my comment s were even read, or if they just looked at the log and made corrections as they saw fit. After all they, know what they are doing, right. I also realize they re busy so I tried to keep my comments to a minimum.
I had trouble communicating with one tuner, until I went there for a dyno tune, then we Gelled immediately. sometimes a person to person discussion can make a world of difference.

None of that has much to do with "jay vs. Hemifever" directly, or the totally unsatisfied folks, but I think its part of the conversation.

Sometime people just have a hard time accepting that their truck isn't is fast as they expected, so it must be the tune, right?

My biggest issue with tuners in general ( and I am not pointing at jay or Sean) is that , in my experience they can get " married to their tune" .

My AFR was going pig rich at 1000 feet 5400 RPM and I pointed it out, ref a timeframe in the log, and that I felt the nose dropping, I asked could this be cat protect?

I try not to come across as questioning the tuners ability, but I tend to be direct so who knows, maybe I pissed them off once or twice. probably not as pissed as I was to recheck MY AFR install and header bolts for the 8th freakin time.

try as I may...he just wouldn't look at it...It cant be the tune, it must be something wrong with the car. earlier in the tuning I added an AFR , and sent logs, ALL I can guess is he didn't see what he expected to see in HIS TUNE, so I must have put the AFR in wrong, or had a leak, or bad cats.. none of which was the case, the tune was simply lean.
These are some of my experiences.

But ya know what? When You set a new PB or watch the dyno tuning gain you 20 hp, and take care of those annoying little issues, you tend to forget what a jerk you said the tuner was last week.

Last edited:

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys! Why aren't my arepeeems starting at 0????? Guys???

I have both tunes. Guess what? Both of my tunes deliver me a faster truck. Every now and then I throw an updated tune in and ride with that. Its pretty pathetic that we argue about this every damn time. I am not very familiar with Sean as the other guys but every time I email him I get a quick response back. I have both Matt and Jay's phone number. Both guys will have a conversation with you about our trucks long after I've asked my questions. Both of these guys are very knowledgeable. Matt kicks ass with his store and will help you out with anything. Jay has great customer service and will work with you until he gets it right or your money back. I mean really people. Its like arguing over whether you want $1000 in 20's or 100's. Pointless.

Damn, I'm stealing this analogy.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Curious if any of you guys with either e-mail tune has tried a back to back test between the aftermarket e-mail tune and the canned tunes at a track.
Would like to see the difference the e-mail tune actually does,so who's made a couple passes on the canned tune,then loaded in the aftermarket tune to see the differences at a track.

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have run hemifever 93 octane hr 180 stat tune for over a year now, it's pretty good, really woke up my R/T. I have decided to give Jay Green Racing a shot as I have gone as far as I can with hemifever. He said there was nothing else he could do, just enjoy the tune. I appreciate everything he has done for me, he does great work. Jay is creating my race tune as we speak, I will be installing it when I get off work tonight.

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have done a lot of business with Matt, but I have also done business with Jegs, Summit racing, Carid, and many more. My first custom tunes was by Sean (hemifever).
I know Matt doesn't take it personal, it's business. Now I'm going to give Jay a shot with a custom tune, I'm sure Sean won't take it personal, it's business. If I could actually meet the vendors that I have given my money to it would be a wonderful thing, but I can't. You do build a form of friendship with those that you deal with the most, or have helped you in the past and now, but eventually you will meet and make new friends and expand your knowledge in things that are important to you. It can never be personal for me, but I will always search for the best possible solution for the things that are important to me. Nothing said here will ever cause my blood pressure to rise because I won't ever get involved in things I have no control of. I like meeting and making friends, that's why I joined the site, and I hope you guys remember that at the end of the day we all have one thing in common, and that's our passion for performance. :favorites13: Drink up lol