Differences between Jay Green and Hemifever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brusk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A Dyno is definitely a tuning tool, but it can also be more than that. While I agree Dyno's are not created equal and internet comparing is overall useless a Dynojet isn't the worst internet comparison tool available. Anybody comparing tunes should definitely hit the dyno to see the difference and see what kind of curve they are getting. Unfortunately this platform seems content on whats available and nobody is pushing for any kind of TCU programming to get it to a point of actually locking gears so you can get a full dyno pull. Not a fan of just phoning in your order for a tune, it only takes a few runs to get AFR's where you want them and to see where your engine and fuel likes timing.

Yes the strip is also a useful tool but unless you frequent the same strip and have enough practice to eliminate all the human error the only useful data is the Trap speed.

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know nothing about the previous debates (look at join date). But I am familiar with an individual becoming upset over a smaller based company not being there asap and even not answering emails for weeks. Sometimes it just happens, even to the best customer service companies they still have unhappy people who had bad experiences, I see it in my home theater hobby all the time. Small ID companies with exceptional speakers/subs at great prices don't answer phone calls or emails for a week or more. Some people need babied more than others too and expect the world to revolve around them.

I bought the Trinity from Matt and Sean emailed me within an hour. Being extremely new I must have had 5-6 emails conversations with him so far with a couple going 10-14 emails back and forth. Sometimes he answered immediately and sometime not a for a day or two. I certainly don't expect immediate answers or even same day, I know it's not realistic for one man to do so. But as a noob I can say I am very happy with Hemifever tune performance wise and customer service. I am sure many feel the same about the other options.

Remember some guys buy Fords and Chevy's

I have dealt with both, and Jay has always been faster to respond for me. Maybe its the time of day though as I usually contact him in the evening.

As far as tunes, I liked Jays tune better. I had both. Do I feel there is a big enough difference between the two to really matter? Not really. Jay has always been very friendly and I feel he is more of a "personal" tuner rather than "commercial" from Sean. I feel if you push both, you will get the same numbers but I do believe that Sean holds a little back for the normal guy whereas Jay will let it roll a bit (and that can be good and bad for each person).

I do not have an issue with either tuner and believe both will do their job. I like Jay and his tunes, but its just preference.

RJP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to say I'm new to tuning from a hand held but not to tuning a engine. In the past I have paid a shop for their services. So this time around I went with the Diablosport i2, purchased from Moe's along with Vararam Air Grabber and Magnaflow Catback. After several attempts to tune Sean and Matt stepped in and went way above and beyond, my work schedule made it very difficult to call Diablosport directly. In the end the Diablosport unit had an issue. Sean sent me a new one, arrived in 2 days, and it worked flawlessly. After sending him the required files and info within hours I have my Hemifever tunes. Installed quickly and without issue.

Their efforts and concern for getting me taken care of were excellent. Made a huge impression on me in the era of so so service,

I'm not a track guy, just want a fun, responsive daily driver so the base Hemifever tune fit the bill perfectly. Way better than the stock and the can tune from Diablosport.

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it counts for anything last Sat I was on hold with Diablo Sport for 1hr 20min. From 45 min to 1hr 15min I was number two in line. I ended up figuring it out in that time so I hung up lol.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
If it counts for anything last Sat I was on hold with Diablo Sport for 1hr 20min. From 45 min to 1hr 15min I was number two in line. I ended up figuring it out in that time so I hung up lol.

DSP is the worst when it comes to timely service! A competitor needs to step up and make them get their crap together. I feel like they are only as good as they need to be to sell tuners.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
what happened to "WhiteLighting"? wasn't there a tuner by that name as well?

not to hijack

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
you mean hemituner? aka AJ. I've just never heard of hemipower

That's the only person I can think of as I've never heard of Hemipower either. AJ is amazing and is one of the few I trust to tune my truck.

what happened to "WhiteLighting"? wasn't there a tuner by that name as well?

not to hijack

He's still around but he mostly does transmission tuning for the hemi platform but he kind of burned a few bridges and engines in the 4th gen community when tuning first came available for them.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Kurtis have you found a dyno operator who'll let you do a remote tune on their dyno?

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That's the only person I can think of as I've never heard of Hemipower either. AJ is amazing and is one of the few I trust to tune my truck.

yeah hes probably the one who would be tuning my 405 stroker

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Well this was a lot more civil than I expected lol..

I've only used my Hemifever tune, but I was very happy with Sean's customer service. Send him a log at 8 pm, wake up to an the next day to an email from him with your new tune. He answered all my questions, even the stupid ones lol!

When Jay was active here he was also very knowledgeable and helped a lot of people. Yes there were some heated arguments, but I don't think that took away from how he would service his customers.

The reality is that both tunes would be very close in performance.

Not sure what Jay's truck is running now, or if anyone has passed him, but I know for a while he had the fastest QC 4th Gen 8 speed at the track.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well this was a lot more civil than I expected lol..

I've only used my Hemifever tune, but I was very happy with Sean's customer service. Send him a log at 8 pm, wake up to an the next day to an email from him with your new tune. He answered all my questions, even the stupid ones lol!

When Jay was active here he was also very knowledgeable and helped a lot of people. Yes there were some heated arguments, but I don't think that took away from how he would service his customers.

The reality is that both tunes would be very close in performance.

Not sure what Jay's truck is running now, or if anyone has passed him, but I know for a while he had the fastest QC 4th Gen 8 speed at the track.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Those times were beaten a long time ago but his truck is also a lot faster now too.

RJP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
according to their web site they are only open Monday - Friday I think

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've had both. My take, drivability goes to HF, pure performance goes to JG. Being as I don't visit the track, for me, HF was the best mix of performance and drivability. Both had excellent customer service. The issues on this forum were disappointing as there were posters fueling a fire out of spite.

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had both. My take, drivability goes to HF, pure performance goes to JG. Being as I don't visit the track, for me, HF was the best mix of performance and drivability. Both had excellent customer service. The issues on this forum were disappointing as there were posters fueling a fire out of spite.
Now that you describe it this way, I would have to agree. That's a very good comparison. There are certain parts of each I like more than the other.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well to me it's business. I left superchips for bully dog, and bully dog for diablo. I have the Hemifever tune now and it's good but I have gone as far as I can with him. He said there is nothing else he can do, to just enjoy the tune. So now I'm going to give Jay a shot. None of us shop for aftermarket parts from 1 vendor. We find the best prices for the best product. There should never be any hard fillings about competition, when your force companies or venders to compete for your business you normally get a better product and price, it's nothing personal.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well to me it's business. I left superchips for bully dog, and bully dog for diablo. I have the Hemifever tune now and it's good but I have gone as far as I can with him. He said there is nothing else he can do, to just enjoy the tune. So now I'm going to give Jay a shot. None of us shop for aftermarket parts from 1 vendor. We find the best prices for the best product. There should never be any hard fillings about competition, when your force companies or venders to compete for your business you normally get a better product and price, it's nothing personal.

For me, I tend to get better deals with premium product by showing them I'm committed to helping their business so they hook me up.