direct fit muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey yall. So my old mans got a 2015 reg cab. Hes looking for a direct swap muffler. Pull and clamp kinda deal with no screwin around. He doesnt want a cat back swap or anything. Just a muffler. Ive seen the pics and specs on the flowmaster 50 but didnt order because im unsure if its direct fit ir not. I dont wanna have to start making spool pieces or bending tube.

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you don't wanna add pipe to an aftermarket muffler, you're gonna need a 3 foot long muffler. Have you ever looked at the giant ass thing that comes on these trucks? When I had my 1500 I put a flowmaster super 10 on it in 45 mins. Just had to measure and cut some pipe to make up for the length of the stock elephant that was on there.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Direct fit mufflers:
Mufflex (Magnaflow)
HottExhaust (Magnaflow)
Flowmaster (50HD)
Flo Pro

That's what i recall off the top of my head. IMO, go buy the muffler of choice and bring it to an exhaust shop and pay $60-$100 and have it welded in, no leaking and cheaper.

OP
OP
R

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea had some fun takin that off when i put the catback on mine. So theres really no way around in then eh. Thats a **** off. I just sold my last 10 foot length of tubing a couple weeks back

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Take a look at the Mufflex kits. We have them marked down 10% right now with free shipping, and they are a direct fit bolt on kit. We have the 14", 18", and 24" kits in stock. Simply loosen the 3 clamps n your stock muffler, remove the stock muffler, and clamp the new one in place with the new hanger bracket that Muffler supplies. Doesnt get any easier than that.

Mufflex 18" Magnaflow Dual Exhaust 09-Up Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Flowmaster hd 50.direct fit. I got mine on ebay and sounds great. It comes with muffler and pipe attached, with the band clamps. Took about 45 min to install in the driveway.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My problem with the mufflex is that it leak.

fixed the front 3" pipe with a large band clamp like this one
41MVx9mwZVL.jpg

But had the back welded since it wasn't possible to install a larger clamp.

Best is to go to a muffler shop and have them install a muffler. The fit will be perfect and you can ask them to even make it removable if you don't want it fully welded.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
^^ Those band clamps are actually worse than what comes with the Mufflex kit and every other catback system out there...every catback uses the same clamps that come with the Mufflex kit.

You simply need to cut an extra slit or 2 in the inlet pipe, and then it will clamp down perfectly fine and leak free. They also tell you in the instructions to spray a little copper sealant on the connections to keep it leak free.

OP
OP
R

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I should have mention. Its a single piped truck. Do they have a one in out? As for clamps. Im probably just going to weld the thing on. Cause i know he will want me to weld the tip on. I think last time he lost one on the highway. So ill just do them at the same time

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mufflex has one for single pipe , i have it in my truck but you will need RTV sealant to stop leaks and better clamps

i have dods14 and they r not loud with the resonator on

Housemuzik52

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L
Take a look at the Mufflex kits. We have them marked down 10% right now with free shipping, and they are a direct fit bolt on kit. We have the 14", 18", and 24" kits in stock. Simply loosen the 3 clamps n your stock muffler, remove the stock muffler, and clamp the new one in place with the new hanger bracket that Muffler supplies. Doesnt get any easier than that.

Mufflex 18" Magnaflow Dual Exhaust 09-Up Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi

Getting any Mufflex muffler deletes in anytime soon?

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ Those band clamps are actually worse than what comes with the Mufflex kit and every other catback system out there...every catback uses the same clamps that come with the Mufflex kit.

You simply need to cut an extra slit or 2 in the inlet pipe, and then it will clamp down perfectly fine and leak free. They also tell you in the instructions to spray a little copper sealant on the connections to keep it leak free.

I had to use that wide clamp since it was leaking at the slits and now with this one it cover both pipes and no more leak. I did add the 2nd slit and used copper sealant, but all it did was shoot the sealant out of the slits. Yes they were tight, I tight them so much that on the last try the nut didn't even do half a turn (using a breaker bar) and it basically destroyed the thread, so welding was the only option from there.

Maybe I did something wrong, who knows, but all I know now is that my truck sound awesome and my wife is happy that the noise is gone.

OP
OP
R

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another option i thought of would be a couple stainless victaulic clamps. We got all kinds of **** at work. And they have non ferrious seals

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mufflex also recommends installation with an impact, the clamps are good but need to be torqued by an impact

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I should have mention. Its a single piped truck. Do they have a one in out? As for clamps. Im probably just going to weld the thing on. Cause i know he will want me to weld the tip on. I think last time he lost one on the highway. So ill just do them at the same time

With a single... It would be so much easier lol. Buy any muffler you want! Will reasonably pay like $40 for el cheapo to around $90 for top name brands.. Then get it welded in for around $80. Its too easy of a decision. Just keep the stock muffler in case you decide to swap back for some reason.

Flowmaster Super 10 [emoji16][emoji106]

IMO