Direct swap muffler for 2015 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

User1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all,
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 black express edition quad cab, 6' bed with the 5.7L Hemi, dual pipes in the back. It's been terrific so far. It's bone stock except for nerf bars and a bed cover. It has 15,000 miles and I drive it daily. I live in NY state (Long Island if that helps) and I want to make it sound better, like a nice deep rumble that isn't too loud or obnoxious since I drive it daily and would prefer as little modification as possible. I am considering direct fit mufflers. Anyone have experience with those? I was looking into either the Flowmaster 817568 or 817633 since they are a direct swap and sound the way I like. The Cravens seem too loud.

Thank you

Here's a picture https://i.imgur.com/cSdtasG.jpg

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
The Carven Progressive exhaust is what I have, low deep rumble no raspy popping period.
Would not own another flowmaster again.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have the Outlaw one? Is it too loud for a Daily Driver?

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Carven Progressive. As 69GWC stated there is no raspiness through the entire powerband.

Self install, no welding. The Youtube videos of this exhaust do NOT do it justice.

Its an amazing sound.

OP
OP
U

User1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you or 69GWC have any videos or sound clips of your truck with the Carven? Thanks again for the advice

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do drive with the family on road trips, I enjoy how the truck sounds now.

It actually doesn't sound bad at cold start up stock. People look when it starts.

I wouldn't mind a different tone, but then I worry about the road trips and "ECO" mode.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I dont have a video of my truck but I know there are a few on here.

Eco mode wont change the sound of the truck, eco just is telling you that you are driving thrifty.
MDS is what makes the truck sounds bad when it kicks in and you can shut it off buy manually selecting 8th gear.

OP
OP
U

User1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Done, pulled the trigger on the Carven Progressive. Thanks. Hopefully it comes later in the week and I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks again!

OP
OP
U

User1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's shipped and on its way! The bad news though is I checked and I don't have any sockets that would fit. Anyone recommend me a good quality set that is compatible and would be less than $50? Preferably easy to return too

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Your going to buy the tools then take them back ?
If thats the case go to wallyword and buy a socket set, they take everything back there.

OP
OP
U

User1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah pretty much but there aren't any Walmarts close to me. There are autozone/advance auto parts/Target/Home Depot though

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why not just keep the tools and learn to do things yourself? No better satisfaction in my opinion, and you know its done right.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should see the 2 refrigerator sized tool boxes I have.. not to mention the littles ones I have floating around. It's amazing people don't have tools.. haha

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Another option: Mufflex direct bolt on replacement. Uses an Magnaflow muffler as core. Assembled of the same Stainless as the rest of OEM exhaust, in New Jersey. These guys wouldn't be in business if they sold snow/salt failure prone equipment.

So the Mufflex comes in three sizes 14", 18" and 24". I have the 24". Noticeable, but mellow at idle, sounds great when accelerating and then quiets down around 1800-2000 rpm so it doesn't drone your head off on the freeway. You'll still hear it and know its there, but it doesn't take over your world the way a shorty muffler or loud chambered muffler does.

Mufflex also sells 5" tips that round out that tailpipe sound very nicely.

For great service and quick drop shipping I go to Moe's Performance an RF preferred vendor with a great track record. See link --------------->>>

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Autozone rents tools if you really want to take them back. It's free too. Leave a deposit, use the tool, take it back and get your deposit back.

OP
OP
U

User1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup, that's what I'm planning on doing. Thanks all.

I did look into Mufflex but after doing more research on Carven Progressive like others mentioned it seems more up my alley and good for a DD