Do I have an Mds Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I think manual mode/tow/haul all disable O/D as well though so it is not really worth it to turn off MDS using those methods.

Also, ironic it is called MDS, as the displacement stays exactly the same throughout the whole process lol, I hope they didn't think they were actually pulling one over on people by calling it a "Multi-Dispacement-System"

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Some things to think about are weight and air temp.
I drive a single cab with a CAI and magna flow exhaust and my MDS stays on fine at 75 MPH getting 25 MPG. try pulling your battery cables and then after you reconnect them let your truck idle for 5 mins then do some light driving till its warmed up. After that do some hard 0-60s about 5 times. If you dont notice a increase in your MPG u might have a lazy O2 sensor making your tune lazy as well.
A customer of mine had this problem, dealer ship said it was fine and working well within factory standards but he could not pass emision test and his gas milage was LOW.