Drive Shaft Failure '14 Ram R/T (any alternatives?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
years ago, they had a new driveshaft kit for sale thru Mopar Performance. It was 2 or 3 hundred bucks, I think. It came with new weld yokes, steel tube. I can't remember if it came with u-jts, too. Probably. I highly doubt that your original driveshaft failed spontaneously. There is either something inherently wrong with the drive train conditions. Could be geometry. Could be abuse. Could be a lot of things, singularly or a combination of things, it's hard to say. But I feel whenever somebody significantly alters the oem relationship of components by lifting or lowering, without taking thoughtful steps to accommodate such changes, one is opening a Pandora''s box of complications.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Worst Fears.

Oxmoor Ram said :flipthebird: they aren't fixing it. Not satisfied with this answer, I called into corporate to file a case to see if there is anything that can be done for me, given the circumstances. I know these service guys are paid based on their customer service reviews,

I will most likely have a 1-piece built. I'd pay $1600 one time before I'd go through all this crap again. Literally, you could play frisbee with that drive shaft... I just know I'll snap another one.

Do you have an adjustable panhard or adjustable upper & lower control arms w/ the drop?