EBC Performance pad and rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pulled the trigger. EBC Greenstuff 7000 and EBC Sport Rotors.
And a little paint work.

Auto Anything
EBC Green Supreme Brake Pads
Front Pads - Full Set
2014 Dodge Ram (1500)
Part #: DP71738 $89.19

EBC Sport Rotors
Front Rotor Set
2014 Dodge Ram(1500)
Part #: GD7105 $211.94

Subtotal: $301.13
Shipping: $0.00
Savings: $22.39
Tax: $0.00
Total: $278.74

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 160
  • calip.jpg
    calip.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 164
  • rot.jpg
    rot.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
OP
OP
Numnutz

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The difference is amazing. Still bedding, but you can feel a huge difference.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Which paint and colour did you use? The G2 system?

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to swap out my front and rear rotors next year. Did you have any issue getting them off? I changed a bunch of rotors in the past and some were REALLY hard to get off.

OP
OP
Numnutz

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm going to swap out my front and rear rotors next year. Did you have any issue getting them off? I changed a bunch of rotors in the past and some were REALLY hard to get off.

Probably the easiest brakes I've ever done. The Ram breaks are simple, 4 bolts.
Took me more time to paint the calipers.
I really didn't need brakes yet, with just under 30 thousand miles they were probably a third worn. I did put Anti-seize on the hub and back of new rotor just in case I ever have to do them again.

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably the easiest brakes I've ever done. The Ram breaks are simple, 4 bolts.

Took me more time to paint the calipers.

I really didn't need brakes yet, with just under 30 thousand miles they were probably a third worn. I did put Anti-seize on the hub and back of new rotor just in case I ever have to do them again.

Wait till you try to get the rear rotors off........they do work very well, but I would recommend steel braided lines.

Last edited:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pulled the trigger. EBC Greenstuff 7000 and EBC Sport Rotors.
And a little paint work.

Auto Anything
EBC Green Supreme Brake Pads
Front Pads - Full Set
2014 Dodge Ram (1500)
Part #: DP71738 $89.19

EBC Sport Rotors
Front Rotor Set
2014 Dodge Ram(1500)
Part #: GD7105 $211.94

Subtotal: $301.13
Shipping: $0.00
Savings: $22.39
Tax: $0.00
Total: $278.74

Nice choice man! I did those front and rear... Huge improvement over stock. :favorites13:

akra11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab, 8 speed
Engine
5.7 ltr Hemi - 8 Speed; T1000 Diabolo - Custom Hemi Tune
Had them on my '14 Sport. Great set of brakes, will probably by again.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had a set of these on my 2002 Dakota. Huge improvement over the OEM setup.
Only problem I had was with the rotors warping prematurely. After looking around the internet, it seems it's a common problem.

The answer I received back from EBC was that the OEM brakes on the 2002 Dakota were not designed properly, and the rotors were undersized.
Of course, Dodge disagreed with that assessment.

Take what you want from my experience. I'm not so sure I'd spend the money on another set, but it is possible EBC was right and the problems are limited to that model of vehicle.

SKWURLZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I run these on my truck. They are definitely noisy, but thats to be expected with drilled and slotted rotors. I went with the Orange stuff for trucks though, as it has a higher operating temp due to being designed for towing.

staRang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it recommended to replace both the front and the rear at the same time? Or, can you get away with just the front? Any drawbacks from going that route?

Thanks in advance.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Is it recommended to replace both the front and the rear at the same time? Or, can you get away with just the front? Any drawbacks from going that route?

Thanks in advance.

You only need to replace pads/rotors in pairs when they start getting worn so if only the fronts are worn and you're happy with the amount of material on the rears then just replace the fronts, absolutely nothing wrong with that especially since these trucks are front break biased.

16ramsportjc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I was going to go with and steel braided brake lines. Brakes are way too soft for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I run these on my truck. They are definitely noisy, but thats to be expected with drilled and slotted rotors. I went with the Orange stuff for trucks though, as it has a higher operating temp due to being designed for towing.

What do you mean about them being noisy? I'm at 43k miles and my front pads still have about 50% left, but I can feel some rotor warp when I stop. It's not bad, but I'll be changing them at some point. I know the benefits of slotted rotors, but I've never heard of them being noisy.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I just got off the phone with my friendly Brembo brake rep (my brother). I was asking him about the drilled/slotted rotors and he told me that yes, they do have a funky low pitched noise to them. He then told me that they make something like 17 million rotors a year for Chrysler so all I need to do is let him know when I want them and he'll hook me up with a new set whenever mine start to warp. He said that Chrysler brakes are notorious for warping. It's their specs, not Brembo. Brembo just builds them how Chrysler wants them. I asked if the drilled/slotted would help prevent warpage and he said no. Coming from him, I take that as gospel. I don't know anyone on earth that knows more about brakes than him. Besides, if he can get me free rotors whenever I want, I like the price.

OP
OP
Numnutz

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I don't find them noisy at all. I went with Green Stuff 7000's. I do find they have more brake dust than stock though.

OP
OP
Numnutz

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Thanks in advance.

Most that I have read says you can do just front. Of course EBC recommends you do both. They also have a BS warranty if you don't use both their pads and rotors together.