EBC Performance pad and rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Numnutz

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What do you mean about them being noisy? I'm at 43k miles and my front pads still have about 50% left, but I can feel some rotor warp when I stop. It's not bad, but I'll be changing them at some point. I know the benefits of slotted rotors, but I've never heard of them being noisy.

EBC themselves say the rotors make a wingding noise, I don't have any issue with ant noise.

OP
OP
Numnutz

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I just got off the phone with my friendly Brembo brake rep (my brother). I was asking him about the drilled/slotted rotors and he told me that yes, they do have a funky low pitched noise to them. He then told me that they make something like 17 million rotors a year for Chrysler so all I need to do is let him know when I want them and he'll hook me up with a new set whenever mine start to warp. He said that Chrysler brakes are notorious for warping. It's their specs, not Brembo. Brembo just builds them how Chrysler wants them. I asked if the drilled/slotted would help prevent warpage and he said no. Coming from him, I take that as gospel. I don't know anyone on earth that knows more about brakes than him. Besides, if he can get me free rotors whenever I want, I like the price.

I never heard of drilled or slotted preventing warpage. Maybe in the sense that they are supposed to run cooler? I actually have read that they are prone to cracking. I know for sure the difference between these and stock are night and day.

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I actually have read that they are prone to cracking. I know for sure the difference between these and stock are night and day.

Very true. That was actually one of the reasons I bought the EBC rotors for my Dakota. They are only dimpled, and not drilled through, which supposedly helps to prevent the cracking issue.

Mishalnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did anyone tried the pwerstop pads and rotors ?