Electric water pump, UD pulley, and electric power steering install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Started the install of these items yesterday. Using a pulley kit for the srt jeeps to route the belt around the pump. The jeeps accessories sit closer to the motor so I had to buy longer bolts and temporarily shim the pulley kit. Custom aluminum dive shaft is going in at the end of the week as well....it's 40% lighter than our steel shaft. Trying to squeeze everything out of this truck that I can NA :flipthebird:

Attachments

• e water pump 1.jpg
    e water pump 1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2,811
  • e water pump.jpg
    e water pump.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,530

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
What meziere pump is that? Didn't know they make one for our trucks.
Is that the electronic steering from the 2013+??

How hard was that to install? Use a 2013+ belt?

OP
OP
greychevy

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

smokinstorm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where did you source the aluminum driveshaft and how much was it if you don't mind me asking? I'm still trying to get rid of parasitic losses as well.

ericlee9386

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Started the install of these items yesterday. Using a pulley kit for the srt jeeps to route the belt around the pump. The jeeps accessories sit closer to the motor so I had to buy longer bolts and temporarily shim the pulley kit. Custom aluminum dive shaft is going in at the end of the week as well....it's 40% lighter than our steel shaft. Trying to squeeze everything out of this truck that I can NA :flipthebird:
Are the electric water pumps safe for daily driving? I was under the impression that they were for track use only. Great mods and looking forward to some track times.

OP
OP
greychevy

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Where did you source the aluminum driveshaft and how much was it if you don't mind me asking? I'm still trying to get rid of parasitic losses as well.

I got it made from a local place...Advance Driveline. Cost me around $350

Are the electric water pumps safe for daily driving? I was under the impression that they were for track use only. Great mods and looking forward to some track times.

Only one way to find out lol! Should be fine....I know several people that run them on the street with no issues. You just have to be aware so that if the fuse does blow or the motor goes out on the pump, you catch it before the truck heats up enough to do damage.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Watch that pump close. I've never, ever seen one last on the street for any length of time including the ones I've tried myself. I dunno that .001 gain in the 1/4 is worth the hassle of a burned down motor.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
OP
OP
greychevy

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I dunno that .001 gain in the 1/4 is worth the hassle of a burned down motor.

Makes me laugh when people compare one mod by itself.

Thanks for the encouragement though

Get that beast to the 1/4 and lets see some times

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Makes me laugh when people compare one mod by itself.

Thanks for the encouragement though

Get that beast to the 1/4 and lets see some times

1/4 mile times for my truck mean nothing to me...never have.
It's built for the twisty stuff...I have real drag cars at my disposal if I need to feed that urge.
As far as one mod at a time...that's the time honored way to build a drag car. You can't stack multiple mods and possibly know where your increases or decreases come from. For me...on one of my old drag cars...it was .001-.002 in the 1/4. Laugh all you like...I'm just trying to give you some real info from personal experience.

OP
OP
greychevy

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for sharing. I'll just keep chipping away at my 1/4 mile time one .001 at a time :favorites13:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
It's all progress and I'm not knocking your efforts. I'm just saying that doing one mod at a time will let you know if it works and better yet if it's fighting with another mod.
Doing multiple things at once is a bad way to get info...and if you wanna drag race info is key.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
Just checked this water pump out in person!!!
Now I have to add it to my list.
Looks awesome Ethan

OP
OP
greychevy

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm just saying that doing one mod at a time will let you know if it works and better yet if it's fighting with another mod.
Doing multiple things at once is a bad way to get info...and if you wanna drag race info is key.

I agree....was just easier to do the water pump and UD pulley at the same time.

Just checked this water pump out in person!!!
Now I have to add it to my list.
Looks awesome Ethan

Thanks brother

cullen17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That pump looks ridiculously over priced. We sell meziere pumps at my work ill have to check the part number tomorrow and see what it comes up as but that pump looks very similar to one we have

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Watch that pump close. I've never, ever seen one last on the street for any length of time including the ones I've tried myself. I dunno that .001 gain in the 1/4 is worth the hassle of a burned down motor.

I had an electric water pump on my LT1 Z28 for 5 years and 40k miles. No issues at all.

My electric pump was from CSR. this mod was a proven 11 rear wheel hp.

OP
OP
greychevy

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Doing multiple things at once is a bad way to get info

Just realized that I didn't mention we are doing the e power steering pump in a few weekends from now....gonna make sure this e water pump works good first

That pump looks ridiculously over priced. We sell meziere pumps at my work ill have to check the part number tomorrow and see what it comes up as but that pump looks very similar to one we have

It is what it is but I didn't see it much cheaper than on summit where I got it. Let us know after you look it up

I had an electric water pump on my LT1 Z28 for 5 years and 40k miles. No issues at all. My electric pump was from CSR. this mod was a proven 11 rear wheel hp.

Yep, exactly what I came up with when I did all my research.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Again...it's all progress and I'm all for it...but 11 hp will barely show on a timesheet. Right about what I posted. I'm not knocking you at ALL...just being realistic for the guys that may read this at think it'll knock 1/2 a second off their time. It's well under at 1/10 gain in reality. I know you're digging for whatever you can get right now...props for that...let's just keep it real for the others.