Engine mounts for our 4th Gen Rams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saseacasea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was wondering if they make high quality polyurethane engine mount replacements for our trucks? I had installed some OBX longtube catted headers(nightmare of install!) and the number 2 primary is still hitting steering shaft after I put a dimple in it. Looks like I am going to have to dent a little more, but wanted to put a better engine mount to help lessen engine flexing when accelerating. I checked and I do not believe they make them at this time.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Nothing's available for aftermarket engine mounts for the trucks; a few peope have chained the block to reduce how much it moves and it's something I'm doing this winter to see if it helps stop my header flanges from busting loose every 2000kms.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Chaining the block down helps somewhat,but probably won't totally cure your bind issue. I chained mine down as my JBA's even dimpled still hit the steering shaft,it made a noticeable difference,but the engine will still move over enough on a really hard accelerating corner to cause some interference. Put a turnbuckle in your chain so you can adjust the tension,if you decide to give it a whirl.

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you considered adding shims and longer bolts?
Would there be any clearance issues with that?

We've done this on the LS and modular side of the house with success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Have you considered adding shims and longer bolts?
Would there be any clearance issues with that?

We've done this on the LS and modular side of the house with success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought about it,but that entails work,and i'm inherently lazy,:roflsquared:

OP
OP
S

Saseacasea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks, I will give this a shot. What do you think about a custom bend? Do you think am exhaust shop can cut a portion of the header out and replace with a bend that would go around the steering column, or do you think the costs involved would outweigh the benefits?

OP
OP
S

Saseacasea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That seems to be the consensus, I think I am going to go this route before I dent some more, thanks for the input!!