Engine problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I had this whining noise coming from the engine bay since I had the truck, thought it was normal, until I sat in a couple more identical trucks like mine, and I did not heard that noise. Brought it to the dealer, they tough it was the transmission, and Chrysler wanted to do more tests. Drop the truck back to them, 2 days later they suspected it was coming from the engine. Chrysler now wants to change the engin block, and the block only. Now i'm kind off pissed, I mean putting old parts in with new parts i don't know, maybe i'm too fussy, but I would have hoped for a brand new engine. Truck only has 54 000KM on it, kind of suck to have it all torn apart, and change only some of the parts. What do you guys think I should do? Push for a new engine, or just forget it....? What i'm afraid is they do change the block, but the problem still persist, that would suck!

Truck is an 2014 1500 CC, with 5.7l

Thanks!

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
They will only replace what's needs to be, otherwise you might as well demand a whole new truck lol

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I thought this was common.

OP
OP

14_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after talking to the service manager, Chrysler is sending a complet new engine, really happy about this. The only thing, the service manager doesn't think it will fix the problem, but have to do what Chrysler ask lol. At least i'm getting a new engine i guess...

KansasArt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the problem wasn't diagnosed, and they're dropping in a new engine???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

14_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well Chrysler is saying it's the motor, but service manager is not so sure... Have to wait and see i guess. Just hope Chrysler is right, and it will fix the problem!

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe they've identified some sort of problem with motors recently and want to study yours ...do some tests, because the suspect it could be an early warning sign. Those warranted engines often get looked at.

Or ...maybe your truck accidentally received one of those super-secret skunkworks experimental engines that would last over 500k miles and they need to get it out of the public's eye before anyone else see's what they're up to?

Naaaaaa..... :roflsquared:

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
WOW! That's the quickest engine replacement approval I've ever heard of. Good for you dude.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963