Engine rpm's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is it normal for the 4th gens to stick in rpm's for a second or two if you let off the accelerator right after accelerating and just coast? Hard to tell if it's the engine just decelerating or the transmission up shifting.

Sent from the howitzer

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Is it normal for the 4th gens to stick in rpm's for a second or two if you let off the accelerator right after accelerating and just coast? Hard to tell if it's the engine just decelerating or the transmission up shifting.

Sent from the howitzer
I've never seen that. I'm usually in 4th if I'm jumping on it and can feel the engine dragging the minute I'm off the skinny pedal.

OP
OP
1SilverBullet2

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's really only happens when I'm coming 30 mph and it'll go 2k rpm's and if I let off to coast it'll hang on to 2k for a good second or so then it'll drop to idle but it's hard to tell if the engine is doing that or the transmission. Never had another vehicle do that before. Just had the fluid and filter replaced but I doubt that'll affect anything like that.

Sent from the howitzer