Error Code U11E9: Replace Active Grill Shutter Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone, just got home from AutoZone and had my check engine light code read. As you can see from the title of my post it is a code that speaks to replacement of the Active Grill Shutters Assembly.

My truck only has 30k miles on it, so a bit shocked that it has a code to begin with. Curious though, has anyone else had this happen?

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
I presume you still have your stock grill with the shutters? Possibly one of the shutters could of de-railed and you'll have to re-position them, or could be a faulty motor

OP
OP
J

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I presume you still have your stock grill with the shutters? Possibly one of the shutters could of de-railed and you'll have to re-position them, or could be a faulty motor

Yup, Lumber it is the stock grill. The same check engine light popped on a few weeks ago but it went off after a couple of days. I tried looking at the grill but I really didn't know what the heck I was looking at from an active shutter perspective. Any guidance?

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
Yup, Lumber it is the stock grill. The same check engine light popped on a few weeks ago but it went off after a couple of days. I tried looking at the grill but I really didn't know what the heck I was looking at from an active shutter perspective. Any guidance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or7vN5izrNc

Check this video out , hopefully it'll help

Chigurh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He also does a video on reattaching shutters