Exhaust.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking to do exhaust asap. Been looking into a cheaper route to get some more noise but not be expensive. Down the road I'll re do the exhaust.

Flowmaster super 10 vs muffler delete?

Wanna hear opinions on both. Pros and cons. I do want it pretty loud but not so loud I'll be pulled over everyday. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put a super 10 on my Ram 1500. It sounds so good. I don't think a muffler delete would be wise imo.

Edit: pros; sounds like a beast, not crazy loud while idling but when you press down it will be heard. Cons; can't think of any. I would be shocked if I got pulled over for it as long as your not flooring it everywhere you go.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Let's face it, a stock RAM does not sound like a truck, certainly not one with a Hemi in it. But, exhaust is one of the most personal and "prickly" discussions on RF. It's you that has to like and live with the results--but there are other people involved too.

Thing to consider is how loud not just you, but neighbors and folks who ride inside with you can handle.
-There is a difference between obnoxious neighbor and guy with a nice truck.
-There is a difference between taking your girl for a trip in your badass RAM and having her ***** the whole way about how your exhaust drowns out music and conversation and gives her a headache.
-Landlords tend not to want to rent to obnoxious loud vehicle owners--seems a lot of people will complain if they don't have to face you personally.
-How you make a living now and how you do so in a few years could also change. If you work in an office park and wake the living dead occasionally arriving late in the morning (or while trying to cut out early for a ballgame or concert) the boss will not be happy.

So, cheap: find a muffler shop that will do something other than stock and see what options they offer. See if they will install your e-bay special, or online muffler and how. But be cautious, your RAM came with a full stainless system. If you look under it you will see the stock muffler is bolted on, and big enough to anchor the Queen Mary. Any replacement will be smaller, requiring additional pipe. Your cheap muffler shop may use crap pipe and may out of ease or laziness go the welded route. Cheap pipe will rust out before stainless and welding is harder to reverse.

For a few more $, but one-and-done, buy one of the direct bolt-in replacements made by Mufflex, or Flowmaster etc. If you can figure the difference between Metric and SAE you can do the work yourself because its a bolted arrangement. :cheers:

Last edited:

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Super 10 is basically just shy of a delete. Do a dual from the Y into an x pipe with delete. Duals sound amazing imo

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Super 10 is basically just shy of a delete. Do a dual from the Y into an x pipe with delete. Duals sound amazing imo

Why not ditch the Y. Just go true dual to an X or H pipe and dual Super 10's :)

I'm looking this route, but using old school Thrush "Rattler" Muffler's :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why not ditch the Y. Just go true dual to an X or H pipe and dual Super 10's :)

I'm looking this route, but using old school Thrush "Rattler" Muffler's :)

Sorry I should've been more clear that's what I meant. I was gonna do duals with and x pipe and 2 carven mufflers but just did the carven progressive instead. Still very happy

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Let's face it, a stock RAM does not sound like a truck, certainly not one with a Hemi in it. But, exhaust is one of the most personal and "prickly" discussions on RF. It's you that has to like and live with the results--but there are other people involved too.

Thing to consider is how loud not just you, but neighbors and folks who ride inside with you can handle.
-There is a difference between obnoxious neighbor and guy with a nice truck.
-There is a difference between taking your girl for a trip in your badass RAM and having her ***** the whole way about how your exhaust drowns out music and conversation and gives her a headache.
-Landlords tend not to want to rent to obnoxious loud vehicle owners--seems a lot of people will complain if they don't have to face you personally.
-How you make a living now and how you do so in a few years could also change. If you work in an office park and wake the living dead occasionally arriving late in the morning (or while trying to cut out early for a ballgame or concert) the boss will not be happy.

So, cheap: find a muffler shop that will do something other than stock and see what options they offer. See if they will install your e-bay special, or online muffler and how. But be cautious, your RAM came with a full stainless system. If you look under it you will see the stock muffler is bolted on, and big enough to anchor the Queen Mary. Any replacement will be smaller, requiring additional pipe. Your cheap muffler shop may use crap pipe and may out of ease or laziness go the welded route. Cheap pipe will rust out before stainless and welding is harder to reverse.

For a few more $, but one and done, buy one of the direct bolt-in replacements made by Mufflex, or Flowmaster etc. If you can figure the difference between Metric and SAE you can do the work yourself because its a bolted arrangement. :cheers:

I don't understand you thought process on welding over clamps as being lazy, seems to me a fine weld job would be much tougher and take far longer than throwing a few clamps on the exhaust system no?:favorites13:

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you, I like the sound of the muffler delete but in some ways feels not right in this nice of a truck to me.

I don't have to worry about the noise with neighbors or work , I'm out in the country so that shouldn't be a issue at all.

I mean just a simple single in dual out muffler would give me the loudness I want I believe?

Also what about deleting the resonators is that a huge difference ?

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And also the bolt in systems I would not be interested in because of the price.. why I was just thinking of a muffler swap.

How loud are the carven muffler? Like the r series. Also with the mufflex?

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Exhaust questions you will get a ton of opinions. If you want do a simple muffler swap there's not much to it, but a full custom or partial custom exhaust job there is planning that needs to be done. Take the time a read these articles before you cut into your exhaust system. Time well spent and money saved.

http://www.ramforum.com/f44/exhaust_systems_101_a-63137/

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And also the bolt in systems I would not be interested in because of the price.. why I was just thinking of a muffler swap.

How loud are the carven muffler? Like the r series. Also with the mufflex?

It depends how much drone you can withstand

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Black widow Widowmaker for the ************ win

How is that compared to a thrush Rattler or a flowmaster 10 series or the carven R? All pretty much straight through single chamber nice and deep/loud tone.

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drone I won't mind. At least not yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had single Chamber 10 series on an 03 mustang GT and single Chamber imcos on an 06 mustang GT, and the widowmaker has significantly less drone than either of those. It also has less drone than the pypes m80 muffler I had on my truck previously and less drone than the glasspack had on my 2012;ram express with the hemi.