Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmsm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had a Flowmaster 40 series put on resonator is still on but looking to take it off I am trying to make it as loud as possible stock piping is still on? Recommendations

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Loud as possible would be a muffler delete. Getting rid of the resonators won't make a huge difference. I have a magnaflow without resonators and it didn't make all that big of a difference removing them.

Before this setup I had a muffler delete, 3" stock piping into a Y and 2.5" tailpipes. I had this with stockish size exhaust tips I think they were 3.5", then on this same setup added 5" exhaust tips and surprisingly the tips made a big difference. Made it a little louder and changed the tone.

My current setup is a 14" magnaflow which to me is fairly mild and then before the muffler I have a 3" exhaust cutout so I can get the best of both worlds. Quiet when I need it, loud when I want it.

Daytona959

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a muffler delete on mine. I kept the resonators in place. The truck has a loud deep tone to it now. It can be very loud when getting on it but you can cruise through the neighbor hood and not be obnoxious.. Very little drone while cruising at highway speeds.

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a muffler delete on mine. I kept the resonators in place. The truck has a loud deep tone to it now. It can be very loud when getting on it but you can cruise through the neighbor hood and not be obnoxious.. Very little drone while cruising at highway speeds.

This surprised me when I had it. Very me minimal drone even after I took the resonators off, maybe even less then. After I put 5 inch tips on the sound changed significantly. Much deeper and smoother. No crackle at all. It made it even louder tho evict didn't go well in my neighborhood and around work that's why I switched things up

OutLore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

This surprised me when I had it. Very me minimal drone even after I took the resonators off, maybe even less then. After I put 5 inch tips on the sound changed significantly. Much deeper and smoother. No crackle at all. It made it even louder tho evict didn't go well in my neighborhood and around work that's why I switched things up

Mine drones like a ***** at 2000-2500 with the muffler deleted, resonators still on.

Love the sound of it though, drone aside.