Exhaust Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for opinions on exhaust mods as I've never ever bought any kind of mod for any of my vehicles exhaust systems before.

I'm looking to get a more aggressive sound out of the truck. Seen a muffler delete kit yesterday by mufflex and wondered how it would be. Anyone have any better suggestions without going too over kill in the $$, or is this brand ok?

Also wondering if anyone thinks that a full delete would be too much? I have 2 kids and we run this truck as our daily driver. I seen other options on the site with aggressive, moderate, and mellow sound according to the company. Don't want to not notice it, but I don't want to have it be unbearable in the cab.

It's a 5.7 hemi btw.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Muffler delete kit is going to be pretty loud. You may be better off with a magnaflow cat back. Aggressive and deep tone but not too loud.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went to the muffler shop that has done all of my vehicles in the past. They cut the muffler out and welded in a straight pipe with a Y to connect to the factory dual bumper exits. I left the resonators in and factory tips.

I forgot exactly what they charged me but it was around $100. Sounds amazing! Loud as hell when you get on it hard. Also surprisingly quiet when you drive it slowly. Doesn't interfere with conversations or music in the truck either.

OP
OP
matthewharrison
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went to the muffler shop that has done all of my vehicles in the past. They cut the muffler out and welded in a straight pipe with a Y to connect to the factory dual bumper exits. I left the resonators in and factory tips.

I forgot exactly what they charged me but it was around $100. Sounds amazing! Loud as hell when you get on it hard. Also surprisingly quiet when you drive it slowly. Doesn't interfere with conversations or music in the truck either.

Think I'd rather buy the kit, it's basically just a bolt on Y pipe in place of the muffler, no welding needed and can always put the factory muffle back on if I ever wanted. Good to know about the sound, thanks!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will look into it, thank you!
Corsa is another good option. Let me know what kit your looking into is we can get you a quote with your forum discount

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Mufflex dod14. Great sound and little drone at around 1800 rpm. Your going to get drone with any aftermarket exhaust though.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Carven Progressive exhaust system.

Best sounding one imo.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see your from Canada. I agree make sure you buy a stainless steel setup or it will rust.

Check out youtube and search ram 5.7 hemi exhaust. That will help you get an idea. You will at least get an idea of tone but the volume of the exhaust is hard to judge on a videom.

I still suggest magnaflow or Corsa or Borla for what you want. They are all quality kits with great sound. Magnaflow has some bark but usually is something melow unless it's their magnapack. Then Corsa usually has a nice bark at start up and will scream WOT but while cruising is pretty mild. Corsa also has their standard kits and less expensive db kits as well. Borla always has a deep tone and has similar character to magnaflow.

Check out our site for options too and let me know if you need any help. Also don't forget if you see something you want on our site contact me for your forum discounted price.

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Forget anything Mufflex, it will badly rust after one winter.
Really? The whole setup is 409 stainless including the clamps. Don't see how it would rust that fast.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really? The whole setup is 409 stainless including the clamps. Don't see how it would rust that fast.

Unfortunately yes, the muffler is stainless since it's a Magnaflow, but the pipe mufflex used to adapt it is certainly not(unless 409 SS rust like bare steel...) also the weld for my mufflex jpipe is so bad now I will need to removed it soon since it's so close to the drive shaft and don't want to know what could happen if it broke...

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Unfortunately yes, the muffler is stainless since it's a Magnaflow, but the pipe mufflex used to adapt it is certainly not(unless 409 SS rust like bare steel...) also the weld for my mufflex jpipe is so bad now I will need to removed it soon since it's so close to the drive shaft and don't want to know what could happen if it broke...

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Winters here in Indiana are not as bad as Canada so I hope I don't experience the same thing.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Carven Progressive exhaust system , no rust issues. :)

Attachments

• 20170321_161723.jpg
    20170321_161723.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 24

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd start off with the muffler delete, that way if it's too loud you can use any 3 inch center in/out muffler. I've got a black widow widowmaker on my truck and love it, loud outside, not bad at all inside. Did 16 inch long 5 inch round dynomax ultraflow on my buddy's truck, and it sounds really good, deep, but not too loud.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Forget anything Mufflex, it will badly rust after one winter.
That's just not true. Its all stainless. A little surface oxidation is unavoidable, but stainless far outlasts the other guy's aluminized steel.

freefallin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Carven Progressive sounds great. Sadly, I am experiencing some drone between 1500-1700 rpm. 3.21's and stock tires puts me around 70ish - 77ish mph in 8th gear. It's not unbearable, but it's definitely noticeable.