Exhaust Setup Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atrupo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2011 is originally a single exit, but I had duals put on a while back. One side is starting to rattle, and instead of getting them cut and re welded, I want to cut them off behind the muffler and have downpipes dumping exhaust under the truck. Anyone have this set up? Any problems with exhaust fumes drifting into the cab?

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2011 is originally a single exit, but I had duals put on a while back. One side is starting to rattle, and instead of getting them cut and re welded, I want to cut them off behind the muffler and have downpipes dumping exhaust under the truck. Anyone have this set up? Any problems with exhaust fumes drifting into the cab?
I also converted to dual and had turn down right behind the bumper. No issue at all but didn't like the sound without the tips.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You'll have a lot more drone in the cab of your truck. You need to run them out the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where would the exhaust be dumping out? If it's under the bed you will not have a problem, but if it is under the cab you will get head aches at stop lights from the fumes. I have side pipes right out of the headers and I have to close my windows at lights and turn off the a/c

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk