Exhaust sound different by model (V8)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeus2120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 or V8
Can anyone here attest to the exhaust sound difference if any between the dual exhaust and single exhaust for the Hemi? I really love the look of the single exhaust as seen on the outdoorsman but the sound of the dual. I haven't gotten to test drive one with the single exhaust but was hoping to hear from some single exhaust owners opinions on how they sound. Thanks!

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
It's for sure a different sound. I've run dumped, single side and cowboy tipped out the back. Dueled with a 10 series sounds good and I liked it, but got tired of the look and obnoxiousness of it. I went to a straight pipe and factory resonator - that sounded really good, but I wanted a deeper tone so i got super 40 and put it in place of the straight pipe and did a resonator delete. I much prefer the single side exit over the dual and plenty of good sound.

henryhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the single exhaust. I have a MagnaFlow 14" and the resonator in place. I like the sound, not to quiet, not obnoxiously loud. I have heard a buddies with a flowmaster and duals, I think the duals are a little louder. I used to think the duals looked better and wish I had them, even considered buying a bumper and converting to duals. Now I like the single and don't even think about it. Besides, the duals offer no real performance gain(unless true duals, headers etc.) purely aesthetics & possibly a lil louder.