Exhaust suggestions??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jumbo86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all
I just bought a 2014 1500 5.7 crew cab 4x4 Outdoorsman. I don't really know much about the performance or what not but I wanted to add an exhaust instead of the stock one. Can anyone help me with suggestions? I don't really have a whole lot to spend so if there are any inexpensive exhaust that can help with performance, and sound it would be nice to hear suggestions. Thank you all. Can't wait to hear what you have to say.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Listem to difderent muffler on you tube and see what you like.

I think the outdoorsman is the single exhaust out the side.
That's a 3" in 3"out I believe

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you want awesome sound and can spend $120 on a muffler checkout blackwidowexhaust.com

If you're looking for inexpensive mufflers with good quality, check out Jones exhaust, they have several different types of mufflers in styles similar to magnaflow and flowmaster for muchless$$$
http://www.jonesexhaust.com/products.cfm?ProductTOC=4

Whiteramsmatter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as aftermarket exhaust goes, don't waste your money. Ram has built a good closing factory exhaust that flows very well. So with that being said changing mufflers to change the exhaust tone is about the most economical option. Personally I went with the Flowmaster Super 10, I just wanted a more aggressive tone and went as far as I could with out deleting the muffler all together.

OP
OP
J

Jumbo86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whiteramsmatter
What do you mean by you went as far as you could go without deleting the muffler?

Jayc057

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whiteramsmatter
What do you mean by you went as far as you could go without deleting the muffler?

I think he meant that he got the smallest ,least restrictive muffler you can get.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
As far as aftermarket exhaust goes, don't waste your money. Ram has built a good closing factory exhaust that flows very well. So with that being said changing mufflers to change the exhaust tone is about the most economical option. Personally I went with the Flowmaster Super 10, I just wanted a more aggressive tone and went as far as I could with out deleting the muffler all together.
Mostly aggree--to a point.

The stock muffler is chambered which does effect flow, its too quiet, and it is also large enough to double as a ship's anchor.

Good news? Factory piping is stainless and the right size for the engine, so the only thing that needs to be changed to dramatically improve exhaust tone, and provide a little better breathing for your Hemi is a new free flowing muffler.

The rub is changing out that factory beast means you'll need to add pipe to any replacement muffler you chose.

Muffler shops are not created equal and some will substitute aluminized steel pipe instead of the high quality stainless the rest of your system is made of--wont last as long. The other thing is the factory muffler is bolted in which makes removal easy, but often tempts muffler shops to save time and weld in a muffler with crap pipe extensions.

For about $300 bucks you can buy a direct fit bolt on replacement with stainless pipes from Mufflex. Its built around a 14, 18, or 24" Magnaflow universal free flowing muffler, and other than soak time for penetrating oil is a pretty simple DIY with an impact wrench and a 15mm socket.

I think Flowmaster has a bolt on kit too.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
op, imho, all the electronic nannies eliminate any gains that a free flowing exhaust might get you. in other words you will only get better sound. its good sound with the semi though! now if you add a tuner, cai and an exhaust will net some gains at the top end.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Long Tubes headers and a tune, leave the stock muffler in place, see what the difference is, and then decide if the muffler is what you really need to change next.

In hindsight, i wish i'd done this. Still leaning that way now that i'm back to stock on the exhaust side of things.

RealtorRod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love my Carven. I went with the less aggressive and love it. Loud and proud when I want it to be.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Op where are you located as I have a great shop that won't cost a fortune for an exhaust system.

F.O.F