Exhaust upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I have a 2012 Tradesman with single exhaust. I've located a dual exhaust setup from a 2014 Big Horn for sale locally for $140. Does anyone know if it would be a direct bolt on? Would it yield any benefit aside from appearance?

SKorch630

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 1500
Engine
From what I understand, the only real... "kink" in our exhaust system is the Y pipe, and the muffler. Swap those out for ones with a bit bigger diameter to increase the flow, and you should be good. I've considered doing this myself, but I cannot locate the dual exhaust setup for relatively cheap.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So on top of the look and sound of the dual setup, its your opportunity to throw a good quality Flowmaster Y pipe and single in, dual out muffler.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You would need to work around not having the bumper notches for the dual tips.

Performance wise, I don't think you'll see any difference between Factory A and Factory B setups.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
You would need to work around not having the bumper notches for the dual tips.

Performance wise, I don't think you'll see any difference between Factory A and Factory B setups.

Agree 100%.

Buy for the look and the sound you want... you'll never be disappointed that way.

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I have stamped steel bumpers so there aren't any notches in the bumper to worry about. You guys think it'll give it a better sound? I need to crawl up under there and see if I would need to buy hanger brackets also I guess.

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Magnaflow sells a single in / single out cat back system that dumps before the rear axle. I believe it is called the offroad series. It is relatively inexpensive as well. Had I not bought an Express, I would have gotten this kit.

ARust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't mind spending 600-700 dollars, Flowmaster makes a kit that's got dual exhaust and everything from the cat back... I think it's called the American Thunder kit. It sounds REALLY nice and comes with everything you'd need.

Magnaflow also makes a dual exhaust system from the cat back for around 600 to 700. It sounds very very good too. I've heard it on a 2012 Tradesmen and I fell in love with the sound. Those exhaust systems are expensive and supposedly give performance gains, but I'm not for sure on that.

It would be alot easier and cheaper to go buy exhaust tubing, with a single in dual out muffler. And I wouldn't worry about not have factory dual cut-outs on the back bumper. I love the look of a truck with a dual exhaust and no cut outs on the bumper, especially on 4th generation Rams.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk