Exhaust Work Friday!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Friday I will be changing up my exhaust on my truck. Nothing really wrong with the single flowmaster 40, but I have listened to the trucks on youtube that have the flowmaster 10 series muffler and decided to go ahead and change it up. I am going with a true dual setup. I will have an X pipe, 2 flowmaster super 10's, and 5'' MBRP tips installed. I'm not looking for any performance gains but maybe i will get a few ponies out of it. Can't wait to hear the new setup!!

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thats going to sound amazing! I got a FM super 40 on my truck now. I want true duals with 40's or 44's. cant decide yet

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have changed my exhaust on my sierra , the sound was really good, but on the highway a 60 mph or more the rev truck was 1500-2000 rpm. And at that rpm the sound was terrible. Like a vibration sound.

On the ram the eco mode, without a modified exhaust sound a little bit like ****. I was wondering if in eco mode a modified exhaust will just amplify this sound. Or you have to sacrifice the eco mode for the exhaust ?

OP
OP
J

J-Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm hoping that the sound will be tolerable. With my current setup, a flowmaster 40 without resonators, the sound isn't bad at all. Only one way to find out I guess lol

OP
OP
J

J-Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having a hard time deciding on what size pipe I should use for the true dual setup. 2.25" or 2.5"?

OP
OP
J

J-Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes it will be louder. It is the shorter 1 chamber muffler that measures 9'' overall length compared to i think its 14'' with 2 chambers.

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2.5" is my vote. I plan on upgrading my exhaust to that size when I get longtube headers.

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are going to love the super 10, had it on my last ram, drone is pretty loud in the cab, but I wanted to hear my truck all the time

Sent from the MOPAR gods!

KnightXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get rid of the drone sound by putting your truck in 6th gear. It will turn the mds off and there is no harm done. I have the series 10 single in dual out on my truck and it sounds great! Good luck.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am having a hard time deciding on what size pipe I should use for the true dual setup. 2.25" or 2.5"?

A lot of this depends on how you drive it. If you're at WOT high RPMs a lot, I'd go with the 2.5" pipe.

Mind you, you'll have less resonance with smaller pipe (less room for a standing wave to propagate in the pipe) but your flow is also considerably less.

All factors weighed, if I was doing true duals on my Ram, I'd run dual 2.5" pipe.

OP
OP
J

J-Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have decided to go with 2.25'' pipe for my exhaust setup. After doing some calculations with circumference and what not, i think it will be the best all around size for the Hemi. I don't want to sacrifice any low end torque by going to big and i don't race my truck around so top end HP isn't what i'm looking for. Also had to reschedule for Monday afternoon due to issues at work. I'll give some feedback on how things turn out.

OP
OP
J

J-Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow! I love the way my truck sounds! 2 one chamber flow, x pipe, 2.5'' pipe from motor to mufflers, 2.25'' inch out into 5'' MBRP tips. I couldnt be happier! It is deep and mean! I highly suggest this to anyone looking to upgrade the exhaust. It sounds so Awesome!!