Exhausts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kg5.72k15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently bought a 2015 Ram 1500 Express 5.7hemi and am looking into exhaust options. One of my friends recommended a Flowmaster Cat-back system with a super 10 muffler. My other friend told me to go with a "true dual" exhaust. I frankly don't know what a true dual exhaust is. I figured a catback system would suffice for now then eventually get X pipes. I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations.

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Search mufflers and exhausts in the forum. There are a bunch of videos and discussions on every one of them. Carven seems to be popular right now.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just scroll down on this page. At least 5 other threads.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I recently bought a 2015 Ram 1500 Express 5.7hemi and am looking into exhaust options. One of my friends recommended a Flowmaster Cat-back system with a super 10 muffler. My other friend told me to go with a "true dual" exhaust. I frankly don't know what a true dual exhaust is. I figured a catback system would suffice for now then eventually get X pipes. I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations.

True duel exhaust has two pipes from the manifolds to the tail pipe. Never Y pipes into one.
Probably 90% of the factory duel exhaust's that you see out there is fake duels. Not necessarily a bad thing. In fact some people open them up too much & lose considerable low end torque.
As mentioned listen to the many youtube sound bites to find the one you like best.

BigTrout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carven seems to be popular right now.

^ been seeing a lot of positive Carven reviews here lately, but theres quite a few routes to go with exhausts. I'm a newer guy to the forums but after googling/reading every relevant thread and riding in a buddies ram who had one, I decided to go w an electric cutout exhaust. Depends what works,sounds best iyo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chisox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You Tube is also an excellent source for information and sound clips.