EXHAUSTS!!!! Whats Everyone Runnng?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duval

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good Morning Everyone,
Hope everyone had a good weekend, anyways been doing some searching an cant seem to pick between two different exhausts....Flowmaster 40 series or the Flowmaster 44 Series....
Curious to know what others are running and how they sound on the 5.7 Hemi 8 Speed Engine.....
Thanks Everyone....

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Most run maganflow. Flowmasters seem to drone pretty bad on the hemi. I'm running a mbrp perforated muffler witch is very similar to the magnaflows and I'm pretty happy with it.

Under engine performance there is a exhaust thread stickied at the top and there is a lot of videos and reviews spent many hours going through them.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I've got an MBRP on my truck! I've had flowmaster 10 series and MagnaFlow 14". Preferred the flowmaster to the MagnaFlow though! My favorite is the MBRP! Here's a vid of the exhaust on my truck: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hdS9EEuoWD8

OP
OP
D

Duval

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MBRP..... Who is that? ive never heard of that exhaust and how much is it compared to flowmaster etc... very curious about this exhust brand now....Thanks

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
It all depends on what your looking at doing. I live in Texas and salt and deciding chemicals aren't a issue so I bought a aluminized muffler for 45 bucks and some clamps welded a 12 in piece of pipe on the muffler and 2 hangers and clamped it in place for a grand total of $90 bucks I left the rest of the factory pipes as there isn't anything wrong with them, and I left the resonators so it wouldn't get to loud. Mbrp sells lits you can dirctly bolt on and they range from 400 bucks for the almunadized installer kit up to 7-800 for a stainless kit which I would recomend if you get a lot of snow.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I WAS going to go with Borla XR-1 but just can't see myself spending the extra $$$$ just for a sound change--->This close to Christmas!

You will get alot of different opinions and advice just like you would if asking about Brands of Oil.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I WAS going to go with Borla XR-1 but just can't see myself spending the extra $$$$ just for a sound change--->This close to Christmas!

You will get alot of different opinions and advice just like you would if asking about Brands of Oil.

Exactly just have to spend hours and hours on you tube listening to them. Took me 7 months to pull the trigger on one.

EldoEsq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Exactly just have to spend hours and hours on you tube listening to them. Took me 7 months to pull the trigger on one.

Exactly what I did...spent MONTHS agonizing over that thead and You Tube. I was about to pull the trigger for the Jones muffler...but after listening and listening and listening, and reading and reading and reading, I decided on the Mufflex (Magnaflow) 18. I was seriously looking at Borla as well, but since there were so many Magnaflow clips, I think I had more info to make my decision!

Was also looking at the Pypes setup, as that was bolt-in also...

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
MBRP..... Who is that? ive never heard of that exhaust and how much is it compared to flowmaster etc... very curious about this exhust brand now....Thanks
MBRP is a company out of Ontario Canada! They make a great product in a variety of metals. By this I mean they make 3 exhausts for our trucks. The 3 are just made of different metals and you buy the kind you want. Mine cost me $500 Canadian to my door. It is a whole cat back exhaust system. I'd recommend that you just get a muffler though because the pipe sizes on the catback are the same as stock sizes.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I second the Magnaflow here, extremely happy with it. I do have to give a nod to the MBRP, fellow Ontario and all. A friend ran their catback on his '12, sounded real good.
I also have to mention Solo, they sound badass as well, and nobody mentions them. Look into Solo as well.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I second the Magnaflow here, extremely happy with it. I do have to give a nod to the MBRP, fellow Ontario and all. A friend ran their catback on his '12, sounded real good.
I also have to mention Solo, they sound badass as well, and nobody mentions them. Look into Solo as well.

Solo is a great company and have great products and your going to pay for it. They sell a direct bolt in muffler for our trucks but it's $350. The mufflex is just as good of quality and cheeper. It all depends on the sound your looking for.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm 65 bucks into mine and happy with it. Used a mini dynomax bullet to a y pipe to factory duals with resonators and it sounds great. Mds is annoying at certain speeds, but not bad overall and the growl is nice.

pld

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Solo Mach 40:favorites13:;the growl of a Maggy 14" with the drone of a Maggy 22"(very little) and waaaay more quality than the Mufflex. Mines polished t-304 stainless.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
18" Magnaflow and love it. My third RAM and my third Magnaflow. It sounds very nice as well. Great quality too...

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Jones max flow 18" comparablet to magnaflow. 409SS for $48, total of $70 for the swap. If mine was financed and there wasn't a small chanchance of.trading it in 3 yrs I would have done a full exhaust, but the Jones gives me a tone at a cheap cost and gained a few hp.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like straight through designs as it seems its harder for water to sit in little nooks and rust the muffler out, plus to my ears they just sound so much more civilized. I went with the Stainless Works with 5" tips and got a great deal on it. I don't regret spending the money on an exhaust that I know is quality and will be there for the life of my pickup.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like straight through designs as it seems its harder for water to sit in little nooks and rust the muffler out, plus to my ears they just sound so much more civilized. I went with the Stainless Works with 5" tips and got a great deal on it. I don't regret spending the money on an exhaust that I know is quality and will be there for the life of my pickup.

I'm glad you're happy with your SW kit. If I hadn't gotten mine for nearly half price, I would have ripped it out and returned it. It sounds awful. I've been shopping for new mufflers since the day I installed this system.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956