Fastman vs moes tb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Millertime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wondering which seems to be a better tb for the average bolt on truck. I'll have intake, exh, programmer, and some day headers and a tb so I'm going to go with the stock throttle plate style.

With the fastman I like the half shaft mod and that it's straight bored, the moes has a huge base of guys that really like them though.

What do you guys think?

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have not had any experience with The Fastman...just installed the Moe's 87mm TB and I'm very pleased with it.

Sniklefritz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Moes 85mm throttle body and very pleased. Plus with Moes you will get great costumer service. Since you are planning on headers go with the 87mm.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
The only thing I've read about straight bore compared to a ported throttle body is the straight bore have a tendency to have a rough idle on these trucks and can throw codes. Plus moe's uses factory throttle bodies so if you have a picky dealer they'll never notice

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Moes seems to have the 4th Gens running good on those and the never Engines seem to like the Ported TB Mod very much.

Mine was done by BT through the Older Bobs-Moes using a new Body. I get lotsa lightning Bolts when its cold and the odd choppy Idle, I dumped the Knife Edge which I beleive even Fastman doesn't do anymore but then again I have an 03 that has a TSB about the TB's to start with. I was hoping that a newer built body would have worked fine. Fastman has a great rep with the 3rd Gens but if It were me I would stick with what seems to be working for everyone.

I have a 3rd Gen and would love to get another from Moes but the gains vs $$$ are just not worth it IMO on an early 3rd gen unless you are Drag Racing the Truck.

Last edited:

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fastman uses stock throttle bodies too. They are taper bored also. You would have to replace the throttle blade to get a straight bore tb. Danny has pretty good customer service as well. I ordered my tb through 3rdstrike before I found RF. I originally ordered the performance bored tb which is bored on the back side as well. Danny called me and explained without a cam or head job it may through a cel. I'm not sure whether moes is backside bored or not. I will say that Matt's CS is top notch. I have never ordered anything from him yet he still has answered every question I have asked. I will however be ordering from him in the future. I don't think you can go wrong with either TB.

OP
OP
Millertime

Millertime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ya i guess the only real up side to the fastman tb is the fact that they do the half shaft mod, so at wot you are getting rid of 3.5mm of air restriction.

when i had a 500+ hp neon back in the day the half shaft mod wason every bored or aftermarket tb.

other than the halfshaft mod seems like both are bored the same. 85mm taper bored down to the stock throttle plate, then tapper bored on the back to match the intake mani.

-Jesse

2012 R/T Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Fastman and haven't had any issues, no knife edge on the blade. I'd spend the money for the Moe's if I was trying to max out and had plans for headers. I'm happy with where I am....for now. Lol!!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I'd choose the one whom is here and helps us the most, Moe's.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Definitely can't go wrong with Moe's. I know someone who has had first the Fastman and now Moe's. Let's just say the one he is still running today is the one from Moe's.

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I'd have been on RF before I bought my tb I would have gotten a more tb.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Moe's made me a believer in the ported throttle body.