Finally have a programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I picked up a trinity this weekend and holy crap did it make a difference and I'm only running a canned tune I can only imagine how hemifevers tune will be.. One question I did have for some of you out there is about the part throttle adjusting I have no idea what I'm doing so anyone have any advice?

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did a couple of 0-60 runs here is the first and best one... This was in drive with traction control on and hitting the rev limiter going into second
nu2enyma.jpg

The others I did with traction control off.. The first with it off in drive I spun like crazy and ended up getting a 6.40 then the next I did it manually shifting but again I spun bad enough that the truck shifted into second by itself and lost a lot of power... I'm guessing next time I need to do a small burnout to warm up the tires and either I have to raise the rev limiter or lower the shift point

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Before the Hemifever tune. I raised all percentages about 500 RPMs and it felt much better. I could have maybe gone a little lower 1-2 shift but it was definitely better than stock.

on the move..

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Before the Hemifever tune. I raised all percentages about 500 RPMs and it felt much better. I could have maybe gone a little lower 1-2 shift but it was definitely better than stock.

on the move..

cool ill give it a try... i need to figure out the whole hitting the rev limiter though i think i might just set the shift points back to stock and start from there

Not another thread really making me want a tuner!

honestly i was hesitant that a canned tune would make any sort of difference at all but holy crap did it help....the 0-60 i posted a picture of was with traction control on hitting the rev limiter and in drive so that should of been a little better with all that fixed and before the programmer i did a couple and the truck would not get anything below 6.4

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen people adjusting them 1000 RPMs but IMO that's too much, anymore than 500ish and I feel it'll shift funny, that seemed to be the sweet spot for my truck. Good luck!

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I think each truck is different on the shift points - where Sean's expertise on the custom tune will really come in handy.

Congrats on the tuner. I am so used to mine that when I drive it with the stock tune it just feels slow.

Your numbers look good too. My best run so far has been 6.42. Yours being a lot lighter than mine is right on par.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks and yea i will be contacting him soon just have to let my piggy bank recover a little after what i spent on the tuner and throttle body this weekend

HEMIRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'd have a tuner in a heart beat but I'm concerned about losing factory warranty. Makes it a tough choice, sure does gnaw at ya.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i'd have a tuner in a heart beat but i'm concerned about losing factory warranty. Makes it a tough choice, sure does gnaw at ya.

i bought my truck with a cai and headers so the tuner was an easy choice for me but you can always take the tuner off when you go into the dealer and they cant void your warranty unless they can prove thats what caused a problem

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, and Diablo claims it's undetectable, just restore the factory backup before you get service.

Hemifever's tunes make a world of difference over the canned tunes, I'll tell you that, as I'm sure you've read.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
AHHHH! Maybe for my birthday I'll buy myself a Hemifever tune..

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
cant wait to get the hemifever tune. the canned tune feels good i can only imagine how itll do with the real thing

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it'll blow you away for sure.... he has everything tweaked very nicely for our trucks

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
it'll blow you away for sure.... he has everything tweaked very nicely for our trucks

im just hoping the issue that tylerb was talking about gets resolved soon i would like to be shifting at 6000 at least

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
guess i need to read up on that.... i didn't know of that issue

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
guess i need to read up on that.... i didn't know of that issue

i dont think it affects 09-10 and i havent read much on it just tylerb and theblackhemi saying that even hemifever could not get it to rev higher then 5800

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice 0-60 time with a canned tune. That's proof that spinning tires wastes time and rubber (to all those who complain about "not being able to spin their tires").

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
very nice 0-60 time with a canned tune. That's proof that spinning tires wastes time and rubber (to all those who complain about "not being able to spin their tires").

actually the truck did spin the tires and the traction control came on and stopped them if i had better tires and could grip with the traction control off it would of hit a better time for sure