Finally, my Catch Can arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I said extreme knock will break pistons. Do you dispute this?

The others are possibilities, though techs I respect have seen it. I haven't. But the pulled timing is a reality. But you asked and I answered. I'm done with the debate on benefits. BTW, I used to do it for a living too, long time ago, but changed vocations due to physical disabilities. I can still do little things, but have to pay someone for the big jobs. Fortunately I found a shop I think is one of the best. All master certified techs with decades of experience in racing, and now building race cars. That's where the Jeep is undergoing extreme surgery right now.

wink
Since you asked a question I will answer it and be done. I do not dispute detonation can damage pistons. The problem is you were implying the lack of a catch can cause all of this doom including detonation, leading to broken pistons.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Since you asked a question I will answer it and be done. I do not dispute detonation can damage pistons. The problem is you were implying the lack of a catch can cause all of this doom including detonation, leading to broken pistons.

Sorry, run on thought. That would be an extreme and rare instance, and unlikely to be the result of no CC. Though Gen III pistons do have weak ring lands. So I'd keep long term knock to a minimum.

wink

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@ Yoda , does the Hemi 5.7L require an occ to deliver the advertising HP ..... THE answer is NO !
DOES THE hemi 5.7L require an occ to deliver the advertised HP @ 50 K
The answer is likely (nope) ...

Does the Hemi 5.7L Intake Plenum & Throttle body at any milage ( especially 100k+) run cleaner with or without an OCC ?

THE correct answer is a Resounding YES with an OCC .

THERE is no way someone in their right mind ( with knowledge or this 5.7L engine and the PCV SYSTEM VENTING into the air intake plenum ) would agree this engine is better off without an OCC LONGTERM ......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: SyN

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Found some pics.

This is the old style clear cup...

OldCup.jpg

This is the new style, next to the stock billet cup...

NewStockCups.jpg

IIRC the old style was the same height as the billet cup.

wink
Very nice on the clear CC !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
THERE is no way someone in their right mind ( with knowledge of this 5.7L engine and the PCV SYSTEM VENTING into the air intake plenum ) would agree this engine is better off without an OCC LONGTERM ......

That's kind of where I ended up after just a little research.

If you plan to keep the truck long term, I simply could not find a downside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo