First bolt on for a 2016 rt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good choice. nothing wrong with a little sound. Does not always have to be about performance but how you enjoy your vehicle.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I went with ebc slotted and dimpled sport rotors yellow stuff pads all around as well as updated the front brake lines to stainless braided.. Pedal feels much stiffer when you put quality brake line on. Truck stops great now....:roflsquared:

springer67

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 express rcsb
Engine
pentastar 3.6 v6
I see a lot of tuners being suggested as first mod. Can my bone stock truck really improve from a tune, if so I may have that done first. Sounds like their is some potential with just a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say tuner by all means. I drove a 2016 sport rt just yesterday and couldn't believe how bad the calibration was. The thing nosed over at or near redline in first for over 1/2 second, then took off again. And it was not impressive for 395 hp and 3.92 rear in standard cab short bed. As to cold air, you already have that stock and other than a filter of choice it probably flows plenty.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd say tuner by all means. I drove a 2016 sport rt just yesterday and couldn't believe how bad the calibration was. The thing nosed over at or near redline in first for over 1/2 second, then took off again. And it was not impressive for 395 hp and 3.92 rear in standard cab short bed. As to cold air, you already have that stock and other than a filter of choice it probably flows plenty.

I doubt that you aren't impressed by the 395hp. What you aren't impressed by is the ungodly amount of torque management that is calibrated into the truck between shifts. Such things include, heavily reduced timing and throttle closure. I have logged some of the tq mgmt at the shift point and the truck can pull anywhere from 18* - 22* at WOT. A tune with just some of the tq mgmt reduced makes a massive difference and that's not touching the actual fueling or timing during acceleration.

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I doubt that you aren't impressed by the 395hp. What you aren't impressed by is the ungodly amount of torque management that is calibrated into the truck between shifts. Such things include, heavily reduced timing and throttle closure. I have logged some of the tq mgmt at the shift point and the truck can pull anywhere from 18* - 22* at WOT. A tune with just some of the tq mgmt reduced makes a massive difference and that's not touching the actual fueling or timing during acceleration.

So can the torque management be modified by a tune?

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Could you please elaborate on what you said by saying the truck already has cold air stock ?

springer67

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 express rcsb
Engine
pentastar 3.6 v6
Could you please elaborate on what you said by saying the truck already has cold air stock ?

It draws cold air from outside the fenderwell as most all trucks have done for many years. Every aftermarket cold air kit I've seen draws from the same place. I saw one on a hemi challenger that I had to laugh at. It didn't seal to the fenderwell [it was about 1/2 inch away] plus not having a seal to the hood. Just a big box with gigantic K&N sucking a lot of hot underhood air. But the owner was proud of it so..

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Every aftermarket cold air kit I've seen draws from the same place....

The S&B draws from the factory spot on the fenderwell, but also has a long snout, pointing down that draws from under the truck.

springer67

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 express rcsb
Engine
pentastar 3.6 v6

That's amazingly horrible and no wonder the thing was a pooch. There must be a ton of performance to be gained from a tune.