Flowmaster 50 Series HD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I read on the Flowmaster site that the 50 series was specifically designed for the Ram HEMI engines.. which to me means MDS...

Anyone have these, and what specific model did you get, I'm not sure of the measurements of my pipes on the 2012 sport. Also, is it direct fit?

And lastly, and I know this will go somewhere else in a different section, anyone selling a used on?!

Thanks guys.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I just asked this same question, but I got the 50 DF. Supposedly the 50 HD accommodates the back pressure needed on the Hemi's (I've had this issue in the past), get a SI/DO (single in 3"/dual out 2.5")

Repsol69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How much louder is it inside the truck??..Was looking to get the 50 HD for my 2017 Sport Crew Cab...we do a lot of highway driving on trips and i don't want any type of loud drone.....????

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
How much louder is it inside the truck??..Was looking to get the 50 HD for my 2017 Sport Crew Cab...we do a lot of highway driving on trips and i don't want any type of loud drone.....????

I'll throw a video up when I get it on, I won't have it till tomorrow.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got this muffler and it's not loud. It's pretty throaty when you floor it but I haven't noticed anything during MDS. Here is a video of what it sounds like, with the resonators on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYaaT6Lwpjg

It's a Flowmaster 50 series HD, you can see the fit in the video :waytogo:

Last edited:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I've got this muffler and it's not loud. It's pretty throaty when you floor it but I haven't noticed anything during MDS. Here is a video of what it sounds like, with the resonators on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYaaT6Lwpjg

It's a Flowmaster 50 series HD, you can see the fit in the video :waytogo:

That thing would probably sound like a monster with a resonator delete.

ShirtPants!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had mine for about 3 weeks and I don't notice the MDS when kicks in it does sound great though. I was a little afraid it would be loud in the interior but it's not and now I'm thinking about removing the resonators to get a little more sound. It took way longer to remove the old muffler than to put the new one on, it was a direct fit.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That thing would probably sound like a monster with a resonator delete.

That's what I did...deleted the resonators. And it's not loud enough, for me. I'm sure for some people it would be great but my personal liking is leaning towards a Carven Competitor series kit.

bugman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7HEMI
I have the 50hd si/do with no resonator and it has very little drone. When you put the hammer down it has a great sound to it. I did notice as I am driving I can hear a change at times when it is in mds. But I mostly run with it off unless I am on the highway. I work out of my truck, so while I am city driving I turn off my mds and turn it on on the highway.

ericbrums89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I did...deleted the resonators. And it's not loud enough, for me. I'm sure for some people it would be great but my personal liking is leaning towards a Carven Competitor series kit.

I just had my 50 HD installed and I am wishing it idled a touch louder. In the video, it looks like the resonators are still on. Do you have a video after you did the resonators delete?

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had the direct fit flowmaster outlaw on mine for a little less than a year and it is already rusting away. I have a carven competitor series on the way to replace it, so hopefully it will hold up better than the flowmaster.

I found it odd has I had a full flowmaster exhaust system on my deleted cummins for 3 years and it did not have a spot of rust on it when I sold it.

Jarhead767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gents ... I just installed the Flowmaster 817568 Direct-Fit Exhaust System on my 2016 RAM 1500. I took it for a quick test drive and I noticed some plastic like or paint like burning smell. Is this normal? have either of you witnessed the same thing? The muffler is supposed to be 409 stainless but it came black. Maybe it is the paint burning off? Your thoughts??

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Gents ... I just installed the Flowmaster 817568 Direct-Fit Exhaust System on my 2016 RAM 1500. I took it for a quick test drive and I noticed some plastic like or paint like burning smell. Is this normal? have either of you witnessed the same thing? The muffler is supposed to be 409 stainless but it came black. Maybe it is the paint burning off? Your thoughts??

Normal. Mufflers have a burn in period.

My magnaflow and now my flowmaster 40 have done this on every exhaust I've installed.

Jarhead767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is what I figured as well. Thanks for your reply!